Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Will xendesktop V.7.15.0.93 be upgradable version?

fatih baykan

Question

I have xendesktop 7.15.0.93 version. I want to upgrade 7.19.06. According to Citrix Documents, XenApp/XenDesktop 7.15 LTSR version can be upgrade. 

I have no idea about 7.15.0.93 versions can be upgrade?

Does anybody have an idea?

Other question is, On windows server 2016 standart version I have set up citrix delivery controller. 

On other Windows server 2016, i set up vda. 

Are there any sequence for updrade?

Should I upgrade VDA first or delivery controller?

4 answers to this question

When I want to upgrade I get this error.

Config tool "C:\Program Files\Citrix|EnvTest\Service\CitrixEnvTest.exe " failed on installization with error code -1"

Error details:

Error Id: XDMI:8773F40D

Exception:
    Citrix.MetaInstaller.Exceptions.MetaInstallerException Config tool 'C:\Program Files\Citrix\EnvTest\Service\Citrix.EnvTest.exe' failed on initialization with error code -1.
       at Citrix.MetaInstaller.MsiComponent.Configure(InstallationContext context, String toolKey)
       at Citrix.MetaInstaller.InstallationManager.ConfigureComponent(IInstallableComponent component, InstallationContext installContext)

Do you have any idea?

Upgrade is absolutely possible from 7.15 to 7.19.
Refer this for sequence:
https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/xenapp-and-xendesktop/7-15-ltsr/upgrade-migrate/upgrade.html

Regarding error that you are getting, there could be multiple reason for the failure of Citrix Env test service (I have not encountered the error ID yet).
You can check below steps:

- Validate Citrix Environment Test Service is running fine
- Stop telemetry service before the upgrade
- Check if all the services on SQL are running? I encountered similar issue where we rebooted SQL server brought all services up and upgrade went through.

Cheers,

Aseem

On 9/3/2019 at 9:48 PM, Aseem Shaikh said:

Upgrade is absolutely possible from 7.15 to 7.19.
Refer this for sequence:
https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/xenapp-and-xendesktop/7-15-ltsr/upgrade-migrate/upgrade.html

Regarding error that you are getting, there could be multiple reason for the failure of Citrix Env test service (I have not encountered the error ID yet).
You can check below steps:

- Validate Citrix Environment Test Service is running fine
- Stop telemetry service before the upgrade
- Check if all the services on SQL are running? I encountered similar issue where we rebooted SQL server brought all services up and upgrade went through.

Cheers,

Aseem

Thank you, this solution fix my problem.