Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops with Workspace Control

Marc Kuhn

Question

Hi guys

we have an environment with Windows Server 2016 and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.15 LTSR. We have around 25 personal accounts, which are working fine. We have also 5 generic accounts, which are connection over a Citrix Gateway.

For the personal accounts we want to have the Feature Workspace Control configured. For the generic users we want to be able to disable it and have it configured that if someone is logged in, another user receives a message, that there is already a session and he or she can't login because of that.

We tested a couple of things and configured a seperate store in Storefront. To be able to use that store via Netscaler we configured a second Virtual Server with the same url, same cert, but different port (8443 instead of 443). The LDAP policy is restricted to a specific AD security group.

Everything is working like that, but we are not able to have the Workspace Control disabled in the second Store. Does anybody have any expirience with it?

Many thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Marc

2 answers to this question

Hi guys

i've tested it with a new environment and set the configuration in Storefront like that and disabled Workspace Control:

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/storefront/current-release/manage-citrix-receiver-for-web-site/workspace-control.html

But this isn't working properly, When i launch the Desktop on another Computer the active session is beeing connected on the new Computer. How can i change that behavior so that i receive a message that there is already a session active and stop any further actions?

Many thanks for your help on that.

Best regards,
Marc