Welcome to our new Citrix community!

"One or more of the settings is invalid" error trying to set up vSphere Connector

Dirk Herman

Question

Hi all,

I'm setting up a PoC environment for App Layering, but I get stuck trying to set up the connector to VMWare. I enter the vCenter server and logon credentials, and "Check credentials"; so far so good! Then I select the Datacenter (there is only one), one of the ESX hosts, adatastore and network portgroup to which this ESX has access, and a VM folder. When I click "Test" it tells me "One or more of the settings is invalid. Please check your selections". Not much to go on there, so can anyone tell me if there are logs somewhere in which I could find more detailed information? Other ideas on how to debug and solve this issue? 

Mydd!

5 answers to this question

Hello,

Have you had a chance to review and implement our requirements and ports?

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-app-layering/4/connect.html

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-app-layering/4/connect/vmware-vsphere.html

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-app-layering/4/manage/firewall-ports.html

You could look at the connector log, /var/log/Unidesk/unidesk-vsphere-connector.log.json.log.

/R

• Like 1

Hi Raymond!

Thank you for pointing me to the connector log; turns out the account I am using doesn't have 'system.read' rights at the DC level on vCenter. Too bad the error message on the Connector configuration page doesn't contain an "Open log ..." link, so you don't have to log in to the vApp to find the file.

Mydd!

OUCH! We adapted the rights at the DC level in vSphere, and now the wizard gives me an entire list of missing rights, including "allocate datastore space", "create snapshot" , ...

My account has got these rights on the ESX servers, datastores and VMs we use, but apparently it requires these rights at the datacenter level!! this looks like overkill. Guess I will have to open a support case with Citrix for this, because our security department will never approve a request to give all these rights to all systems on the environment.

Anyone else encountered this issue?

Test by creating a new role, with the permissions we require, for our connector test to work, once that has been completed, you can remove the role from the user and test with a different level of permissions. Then attempt to create layers, publish an image and see if any of them fail. If they do the permissions will need to be set. Our processes will need to create, delete, copy VMs and the vmdks, and other tasks.. Though testing as I noted, may result in a workaround for you.