Welcome to our new Citrix community!

vPrefer not working

Sam Buckler

Question

Hi all

I am using Storefront 1906.1 with Workspace 1907, which are the latest versions at the time of writing.

I have a Storefront services site for internal applications I need to publish to Windows 2019 terminal server users, which are logging into these desktops externally via netscaler.

Apps are delivered via a PNAgent site so icons are added to the start menu, and desktop. The apps are all installed locally on these terminal servers, and added as applications in XenApp. When a user launches an app, it starts a new session and opens the application. vPrefer is supposed to stop this happening, and open the app in the current session, which is what we want to achieve.

I see people on here who have it working "accidently" yet I can't get it to work!

Any tips?

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

Citrix User Profile management (UPM) for one causes incoming requests for launching new Desktop/app sessions to go on the same host as where an existing loaded userprofile is being detected. Are you using UPM and if so are you sure it's active for those user tests ?

Play around with this to test how this impacts your specific scenario. It's the first thing that comes to my mind.

50 minutes ago, Andy Vanderbeken said:

Citrix User Profile management (UPM) for one causes incoming requests for launching new Desktop/app sessions to go on the same host as where an existing loaded userprofile is being detected. Are you using UPM and if so are you sure it's active for those user tests ?

Play around with this to test how this impacts your specific scenario. It's the first thing that comes to my mind.

I had wondered if UPM played any roll in the launching of apps from receiver/workspace. UPM is working as expected, however I haven't fine tuned the exclusions yet.

I'll have a dig through the GPO and see if anything catches my eye.