Attempting to access Citrix resources in a different domain

Matt Meserve

Question

I have a delivery controller in domain A and a storefront in domain B.  I have added the DC from domain A to the SF in domain B and ensured that I have permissions to access the delivery group in domain A using my credentials from domain B.  When I login to SF on domain B I can now see the shortcuts published from domain A.  However, when I attempt to launch them I receive "Cannot start desktop...".  Also, there are a couple of errors in the event logs on each side.  Before I start down this road can it be confirmed that this is even doable?  Domain A is a legacy domain and we still have many (non-citrix) resources here.  Our new domain (domain B) is now our primary domain and there's a trust between the two.

DC in domain A: 

Log Name:      

Application
Source:        Citrix Broker Service
Date:          8/26/2019 3:10:02 PM
Event ID:      1101
Task Category: None
Level:         Warning
Keywords:      
User:          NETWORK SERVICE
Computer:      computername.local
Description:
The Citrix Broker Service failed to broker a connection for user 'domainB\username' to resource 'Computer'. The Citrix Broker Service cannot find any available virtual machines. 

Please add more virtual machines to the site. If the problem is due to existing virtual machines not becoming available, see Citrix Knowledge Base article CTX126992.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Citrix Broker Service" Guid="{1EC1549E-1762-49AB-B7A8-0DE5CBACA3FB}" />
    <EventID>1101</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-08-26T22:10:02.559018400Z" />
    <EventRecordID>24879</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="1380" ThreadID="17592" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>computername.local</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-20" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="user">domainB\username</Data>
    <Data Name="resource">resource name</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

SF in domain B

No available resource found for user domainB\username when accessing desktop group <groupname>. This message was reported from the Citrix XML Service at address http://deliverycontroler.local/scripts/wpnbr.dll [NFuseProtocol.TRequestAddress]. 

Failed to launch the resource 'Resourcename' using the Citrix XML Service at address 'http://deliverycontroler.local/scripts/wpnbr.dll'. The XML service returned error: 'no-available-workstation'.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet