Welcome to our new Citrix community!

At my wits end with printing

John Litster

Question

I am using CVAD 1906.2 on  Windows 2016  to publish desktops to users.

Only 2 printers are needed.   Both printers are accessed via a Windows 2016 Print server.

Printer 1 is a small generic HP printer.

Printer 2 is a zebra printer.

Issue I am having is that nobody can print.  

The printers are NOT installed on the base image.

The citrix universal Print server is installed on the Windows print server

I have 3 polices:

1st) 

• Auto-create client printers:  setting is Auto-create all client printers
  • Client Printer redirection:  Allowed
  • Universal print driver usage:  universal printing only if requested driver is unavailable  (i have also tried using: Universal printing only/)
  • Universal Print Server enable:  enabled with fallback to Windows' native remote printing

2nd)

• Session Printers:  (the FQDN of the Print server  and then the printer)

3rd)

• Session Printers:  (the FQDN of the Print server  and then the printer)

So, the printers show just fine in the drop-down option when going to print, users selects the printer and hit prints, it appears to print, but nothing comes out.    I see a file pop in and out of the printer queue.    When I look in the event viewer on the print server, I find the error: 

The document Print Document, owned by <username>, failed to print on printer BB-PS1. Try to print the document again, or restart the print spooler. 
Data type: RAW. Size of the spool file in bytes: 0. Number of bytes printed: 0. Total number of pages in the document: 0. Number of pages printed: 0. Client computer: \\G1VPPRT03. Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 2147500037. Unspecified error

On the client, I open  "Devices and Printers" and point the mouse pointer over said printer and it says it's fine, 0 items in queue status: letter, portrate.

What in the world am I missing??

1 answer to this question