Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Not able to start the machine from the delivery studio.

prathip reddy

Question

10 answers to this question

Could you please provide more details of the environment, and please check the eventlogs to understand the error message. 

What hypervisor are you using to provision the machines? are you able to directly restart machines from there? This could also be an issue where space on the storage could be nearly completely used and also when the time between the controllers\machines are not synchonised.  You can also try restarting your DDC's

Hello,

that sounds a little bit like a communication issue between your Citrix environment and the Hypervisor. I saw issues like that when VM´s have been hard powered off and not came back to life. If it´s VMware based Hypervisor I would check my VMWare Tools in the VM´s and update them first of all. If this is not providing correct values I would delete the hypervisor connection in VMWare and rebuild it.

BR

Carsten

On 8/20/2019 at 0:24 PM, vikash said:

Could you please provide more details of the environment, and please check the eventlogs to understand the error message. 

What hypervisor are you using to provision the machines? are you able to directly restart machines from there? This could also be an issue where space on the storage could be nearly completely used and also when the time between the controllers\machines are not synchonised.  You can also try restarting your DDC's

I am using Citrix Xendesktop 7.15  and VMware based Hypervisor.I am able to restart the machine from the VMware vsphere client and also able to take the console.The space is free on the VDI and time zone are in sync.I can't restart DDC other users will be affected.

On 8/20/2019 at 9:09 PM, Carsten Praumlger said:

Hello,

that sounds a little bit like a communication issue between your Citrix environment and the Hypervisor. I saw issues like that when VM´s have been hard powered off and not came back to life. If it´s VMware based Hypervisor I would check my VMWare Tools in the VM´s and update them first of all. If this is not providing correct values I would delete the hypervisor connection in VMWare and rebuild it.

BR

Carsten

Update the vmtool option is grayed out.How we delete the hypervisor connection in VMWare and rebuild it?

So...if it´s greyed out the VMWare tools are on the actual version (shown in the summary of the VM´s as "current")?

you shouldn´t delete the hypervisor connection in VMware...in Citrix Studio you have configured the connection to the hypervisor, because otherwise Powermanagement is not possible. This connection seems to work not properly and I suggest to delete the connection there and reconfigure it. I had this once with my VDI-environment after an update of the VMWare certificates. After removing the configuration for the connection to the VCenter and recreating it everything was fine again.

"you shouldn´t delete the hypervisor connection in VMware...in Citrix Studio you have configured the connection to the hypervisor, because otherwise Powermanagement is not possible"

The hypervisor's connection is not needed for powermanagement in general (done by the delivery group), but for reboots and mass creation using the wizard in PVS (e.g.)

Recreating the connection, sounds like some first steps... or delete the VM and re-add after 

I´m in a different opinion...when the connection between the Citrix environment and the VSphere was not working in my environment, my VM´s were shutdown after use by the Citrix environment, but never been started again. The trigger to start the VM after "shutdown after use" is using this configured VCenter connection in the Citrix environment.

If you don´t have a established connection to your VCenter how the Citrix environment should start your VM then? The VDA in the VM is not running at this time and also no OS where you can send a command.  And like the thread starter wrote he won´t be able then to power manage his VM in the studio when the VDA on the VM or the OS of the VM is not in a proper state.