Welcome to our new Citrix community!

ADM/MAS shows VIP adress as backend server in web insight

We have a somewhat strange issue with MAS that I can not seem to wrap my head around.

In some of the load balancing VIPs we are collecting analytics data for the VIP (frontend) address is shown as the backend server.

For other we can see the backend servers behind the VIP/service groups.

Has anyone seen this issue? The Netscaler instanses we are currently using MAS for are all 12.1 in a few different revisions.

MAS is currently 12.1 53.12, but the same issue was present on several earlier revisions also.

I have reinstalled MAS in an effort to fix this, but the same issue is present after reinstall.

Do you have Appflow enabled on any cs vservers, passing traffic to lb vservers (with vips?)?  

Do any of your vservers pass traffic to other vservers on the ADC appliance, so it would be picking up appflow for vserver1 passing to vserver2 and listing it as the destination?

What policy expression for the appflow policy do you have bound to the affected vserver?

(It could still be a bug, but is there anything out of the ordinary in the config that might affect it.)

On 15.8.2019 at 7:59 PM, Ravi BS Gowda said:

Can you please check if you have enabled IC feature in ADC that is sending webInsight traffic? If yes, please disable the same and check it. 

Thank you.

This seems to fix the problem. Does this mean that all optimalization features on Netscaler/ADC can create trouble for MAS?

On 8/19/2019 at 11:52 AM, Eirik Amundsen said:

Thank you.

This seems to fix the problem. Does this mean that all optimalization features on Netscaler/ADC can create trouble for MAS?

If IC is enabled, HTTP request is not forwarded to backend server. It will be served from vserver cache itself. Due to this you are seeing VIP address as backend server address.