Welcome to our new Citrix community!

WEM 1906 Failed to determine site for agent machine

Olivier HARDY

Question

Hello,

Since I migrate in version 1906, one of my two images PVS connected to WEM, doesn't work.

The two images :

Windows 2016 xenapp 7.15 domain 1 configuration 1 in WEM : ok 
Windows 2012 xenapp 7.15 domain 2 configuration 2 in WEM: no OK

WEM server is in domain 1. There is a trust between the two domains.

I tried lot of tests, but there is the same problem : 
I reinstalled the client
I attached windows 2012 xenapp 7.15 to configuration 1
I changed Wem Server in domain 2
I deleted LocalBrokerCache.sdf re-run the WEM Infrastructure Service Configuration utility
I deleted LocalAgentDatabase on the client
I tried with the previous PVS image before I migrate (but I didn't change version on the servers because there is the database)

The client can access to the listen port of the server.
GPO is applied.

There are theses messages in the event log :

MainServiceHost.ReportLegacyAgentWcfService() : Failed to determine site for agent machine.

VuemAgentServiceConfigurationHelper.ReadRepositorySettings() : An error occured while loading Agent Configuration settings!

Error happened while processing user group policies. Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException: Failed to determine site for agent machine.

Server stack trace: 
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at Norskale.Common.Data.Contracts.IAgentContract.GetGroupPolicyGlobalSettings()
   at Norskale.Common.Data.BaseBrokerClient`1.GetItems[TData](Func`1 getItems)
   at Norskale.Common.Data.Agent.Proxy.GroupPolicy.GroupPolicyStore.(IAgentBrokerHostDataProvider , Int64& )
   at Norskale.Common.Data.Agent.Proxy.GroupPolicy.GroupPolicyStore.ProcessUserGroupPolicies(IAgentBrokerHostDataProvider dataClient, WindowsIdentity userIdentity)

In registry I see there are missing keys.

server no ok :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Norskale\Agent Host]
"AgentServiceDebugModeLocalOverride"=dword:00000000
"AgentLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Norskale\\Norskale Agent Host\\"
"CloudAgent"=dword:00000000
"AgentDebugModeLocalOverride"=dword:00000000
"AgentServiceUseCacheEvenIfOnline"=dword:00000000
"AgentCacheAlternateLocation"="D:\\WEM"
"AgentServiceUseNonPersistentCompliantHistory"=dword:00000000
"EnableUserCentricIntelligentOptimization"=dword:00000001

server ok :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Norskale]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Norskale\Agent Host]
"AgentServiceDebugModeLocalOverride"=dword:00000000
"AgentLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Norskale\\Norskale Agent Host\\"
"AgentDebugModeLocalOverride"=dword:00000000
"AgentServiceUseCacheEvenIfOnline"=dword:00000000
"AgentCacheAlternateLocation"="D:\\wem"
"AgentServiceUseNonPersistentCompliantHistory"=dword:00000000
"SiteName"="xxxxxx"
"LastKnownSiteId"="xxxxxx"
"AgentBrokerServiceTimeoutValue"=dword:000007d0
"LastDirectoryServiceKnownType"="ActiveDirectory"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Norskale\Agent Host\KnownLimitedProcessHistory]
CUT

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Norskale\Agent Host\UpmConfigurationSettings]
CUT

Could you help me ?

Thank you

Olivier

7 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Joel Donaldson1709152440 said:

I am seeing the same issue on Windows Server 2012 R2.  My registry keys look ok.  It appears to be working for a while and then randomly will throw the error.  2 Windows Server 2016 images are working without issue.  Makes me wonder if this is a 2012 R2 related bug.

Interesting I’m also using 2012 R2. I read that the site now doesn’t need to be and\or should be set via the GP and the machines and/or their OU just need added into the console via the AD option.

I’ve done all that but no luck. I Also have same problem with 1903 agent. 

Hi guys,

Just to say i got this from Citrix support on Friday afternoon. Not sure if this applies to you situation, but i'm starting the restore now... :-)

"I just checked internally with Escalation team and was informed that upgrading WEM from 4.1 to 1906 does not work as expected because of compatibility issues. I believe you would have backed up the WEM DB and saved the settings from the console before upgrading.

Could you please restore the database and snapshot and upgrade WEM site from 4.1 to 4.7 version first and then to 1906."

Same issue here. I'm seeing it on all my images, multiple OSes after upgrading from 1811 to 1906. A whole heap of errors. All my reg keys seem to be okay.  I've had my database for ~3 years since the 4.x days. I have frequent disconnects from the console on the infrastructure server as well. Anyone find a fix?

• Failed to determine site for agent machine.
  • An error occured while loading Agent Configuration settings!
  • The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason.
  • Error happened while processing computer policies. Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Norskale.Common.Data.Faults.AgentSiteBindingFault]: The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason. (Fault Detail is equal to Norskale.Common.Data.Faults.AgentSiteBindingFault).
  • Agent '<machine>' is not bound to any configuration set!
  • A timeout (60000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the Norskale Agent Host Service service.

image.png.889b5bce6be1c36ebd866706d674c008.png

I opened a ticket and support said there are a lot of issues concerning 1906. Most of them are resolved with a 1909 upgrade. I can confirm this solved by problems. My agents are still in 1906 at the moment, so this certainly point to an issue with the broker services and/or database.

On 9/25/2019 at 12:45 PM, Eric Gilliland said:

Same issue here. I'm seeing it on all my images, multiple OSes after upgrading from 1811 to 1906. A whole heap of errors. All my reg keys seem to be okay.  I've had my database for ~3 years since the 4.x days. I have frequent disconnects from the console on the infrastructure server as well. Anyone find a fix?

• Failed to determine site for agent machine.
  • An error occured while loading Agent Configuration settings!
  • The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason.
  • Error happened while processing computer policies. Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Norskale.Common.Data.Faults.AgentSiteBindingFault]: The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason. (Fault Detail is equal to Norskale.Common.Data.Faults.AgentSiteBindingFault).
  • Agent '<machine>' is not bound to any configuration set!
  • A timeout (60000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the Norskale Agent Host Service service.

image.png.889b5bce6be1c36ebd866706d674c008.png