Welcome to our new Citrix community!

"Automatically Adjust Microphone Level" Setting Question

BILL BARTOLOTTA

Question

I've been having issues with volume control in my HDXRTOP 2.4 environment.  When I use Skype on a thick client and talk loudly into the mic the Automatic Gain Control (AGC) function works to automatically lower the volume level of my audio into a meeting.  In a Citrix VDI environment with HDXRTOP, there doesn't appear to be any Gain Control even though I have thes "Automatically Adjust Microphone Level" setting checked.

Additionally, when I uncheck the setting when using HDXRTOP, I still am unable to adjust the gain control.  So it appears the setting is not doing anything.

I've looked for info on this and found nothing other than the description that the setting is there in most versions of the RTOP.  Am I missing something here?

6 answers to this question

13 hours ago, BILL BARTOLOTTA said:

I've been having issues with volume control in my HDXRTOP 2.4 environment.  When I use Skype on a thick client and talk loudly into the mic the Automatic Gain Control (AGC) function works to automatically lower the volume level of my audio into a meeting.  In a Citrix VDI environment with HDXRTOP, there doesn't appear to be any Gain Control even though I have thes "Automatically Adjust Microphone Level" setting checked.

Additionally, when I uncheck the setting when using HDXRTOP, I still am unable to adjust the gain control.  So it appears the setting is not doing anything.

I've looked for info on this and found nothing other than the description that the setting is there in most versions of the RTOP.  Am I missing something here?

Interesting - it should be working fine as there are no recent reports with AGC. Can you do me a favour and test the latest CU (RTOP 2.8) and if still persists. Collect logs, record your repro with timer present and open a technical support case. 

Thanks. 

Yes.  Same thing happening with 2.8. 

Do others actually see the volume slider  in Skype "Tools - Audio Device Settings" tab actually adjust when speaking loudly into a mic?  I see this on thick clients (when obviously the HDXRTOP is not in play), but I don't see or hear any adjustment in my VDI\HDXRTOP environment.

15 hours ago, BILL BARTOLOTTA said:

Yes.  Same thing happening with 2.8. 

Do others actually see the volume slider  in Skype "Tools - Audio Device Settings" tab actually adjust when speaking loudly into a mic?  I see this on thick clients (when obviously the HDXRTOP is not in play), but I don't see or hear any adjustment in my VDI\HDXRTOP environment.

Open a technical support ticket and we will look into it. Ping me the case number.