Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Is there a way to allow copy-paste from the client to the ICA session, but not the reverse?

Merlin Grant1709160133

Question

We are currently using a Citrix Cloud environment, and control policies with Citrix Cloud Studio, WEM, and AD policies. I know this isn't the best practice, but it's what we've got. I've been tasked with finding a way to enable copying text and/or files from the client device into the Citrix ICA session, but not allowing the reverse of copying from Citrix to the local device. The only policy I've found seems to be a both directions open or neither are setting, so I figured I'd ask here. For extra info, we are using the following:

VDA version 1811

WEM version 4.7

Thank you,

Merlin

3 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

There's a Citrix Policy setting called "Restrict client clipboard write".

Ah, perfect. Would the best implementation be to set Client Clipboard Redirection to enabled, set Restrict Client Clipboard Write to enabled, and disable Restrict Session Clipboard Write to keep it unidirectional?

Also, thanks for the super quick response!

Client clipboard write allowed formats

When the Restrict client clipboard write setting is Enabled, host clipboard data cannot be shared with the client endpoint. You can use this setting to allow specific data formats to be shared with the client endpoint clipboard. To use this setting, enable it and add the specific formats to be allowed. 

Please follow this article.

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/policies/reference/ica-policy-settings.html