Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Best Practice for Netscaler v13 Load Balance and Citrix Cloud XenDesktop Services

Eddie Santana

We just completed a new basic setup, Non Load Balance, for Citrix Cloud using the latest version of everything. This setup includes On-Prem Netscaler, On-Prem Storefront, Radius using MS MFA, SAML Federation using 3rd party IDP, Citrix Cloud Connector.

Everything is, finally, working correctly. 

We are looking now to now leverage Netscaler Load Balance as much as possible. We do have a Netscaler on-prem and AWS. It will be in Active/Standby mode controlled by 3rd DNS provider.

What are the items that can possibly get Load Balanced?

Can the Citrix Cloud Connector be configured as a Load Balance Service?

Are there any entries in a Citrix Cloud XenDesktop setup that I have to use explicit/direct IPs to a server/service instead of an LB one?

Do I need to Bind Certs to the Storefront LB if Wildcard cert is on the Storefronts already?

On 8/2/2019 at 5:26 AM, Eddie Santana said:

We just completed a new basic setup, Non Load Balance, for Citrix Cloud using the latest version of everything. This setup includes On-Prem Netscaler, On-Prem Storefront, Radius using MS MFA, SAML Federation using 3rd party IDP, Citrix Cloud Connector.

Everything is, finally, working correctly. 

We are looking now to now leverage Netscaler Load Balance as much as possible. We do have a Netscaler on-prem and AWS. It will be in Active/Standby mode controlled by 3rd DNS provider.

What are the items that can possibly get Load Balanced?

Can the Citrix Cloud Connector be configured as a Load Balance Service?

Are there any entries in a Citrix Cloud XenDesktop setup that I have to use explicit/direct IPs to a server/service instead of an LB one?

Do I need to Bind Certs to the Storefront LB if Wildcard cert is on the Storefronts already?

Hello

Citrix Cloud Connector should not be load balance, they are defined within a GPO. 

Within Citrix Cloud you do not need to provide any information, i mean for the infrastructure. 

Tou just need to provide the Cloud Connector names using a GPO for the VDA to register. 

For your Storefront if you have a Wildcard installed and the Wildcard include the DNS  (*.domain.com) used for Storefront. 

Thanks

Arnaud 

• Like 1