Thomas Broumlcker

Question

Environment:

VMWare ESXi 6.5

HP DL380 Gen9

Nvidia Tesla M10 (Profile for VMs: 2q)

XenDesktop 1906.2

Windows 1903

Client: Wyse 5070 with ThinOS (Workspace App: 14.0.51356)

I have updated our Win10 Desktops from Win10 1808 to 1903.

Before I started the Upgrade I uninstalled all Citrix components and after the Upgrade I installed the current Versions of PVS and XenDesktop (1906).

Everything is fine and working expect the Graphic Indicator. So it is not possible to Switch between graphic modes. The Users must be able to Switch to LossLess.

Sometime the Tray Icon is available after few Seconds after logon, sometime after 1-2 Hours, sometimes never. Or maybe I just don't know the trigger which is starting the Tray Icon.

With the old Versions (Win10 1808 and XenDesktop 1808.2) everything was working. The Tray Icon is available directly after the logon and the users can switch between the graphic modes.

I didn't change the Policys for these Desktops.

How can I solve this problem?

Or maybe I do not need the LossLess mode at all. The reason for the LossLess Mode can be seen in the attachments. In our CAD Software the Line are very thin. So the compression will destroy the colours. With this blured colours it can be very tricky to see some differences in line types.

In LossLess mode the colours are good and the differences between the line types are clearly visible.

Is there a way to change the way the compression works?

Very simplified I think it works like this: get some amount of Pixels (e.g.: 4) calculate the average colour and save/transmitt this value with the hint to use this value for all 4 Pixels.

So if our lines have a width of 4 Pixel the colour would be good. But the users don't accept this width for lines.

lossless.png

normal.jpg

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet