Using Avaya One X without the Communicator component working in a call center environment

Gregory Moore

Question

Morning:

Just wondering if anyone out there has the Avaya One X softphone solution running in a Xendesktop 7.1x deployment for call centers.

Over the past few months I've been testing One X without the communicator component with our Service Desk as they are all on the softphone and are now doing all of their job functions within the Citrix environment.

While the overall deployment seems to be a success, I still get reports from calls being choppy or "tin cannish" from time to time. I have created a custom policy setting just for the Avaya phone which has done its job but I'm looking to deploy this to over 500 users in various call centers now.

So has anyone had any luck with this softphone working with that many users in XenDesktop? Did you have to go to the Avaya connector implementation and shell out that $50 per seat license cost just to ensure a QOS that makes it seem seamless to the end user?

I look forward to your thoughts.....

1 answer to this question

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 9:19 AM, Gregory Moore said:

While the overall deployment seems to be a success, I still get reports from calls being choppy or "tin cannish" from time to time. I have created a custom policy setting just for the Avaya phone which has done its job but I'm looking to deploy this to over 500 users in various call centers now.

Good evening,

Please take a look at the following Citrix Support articles:

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX233747 - Voice call over AVAYA Softphone may have a choppy voice or humming sound after multiple users login, while using Receiver for Windows

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX133024 - Delivering Softphones with XenDesktop