Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Chrome extensions Could_Not_Get_Temp_Directory

Question

We are seeing an issue the past couple of months with adding Google Chrome extensions when full User Layer is used.  Previously we were able to add extensions w/out an issue but after one of the more recent App Layering updates now we get the error COULD_NOT_GET_TEMP_DIRECTORY.   If i test in base MCS image w/ a local user (no user layer) all works fine.  I also tested w/ an FSLOGIX profile container layer as a test and all works fine there too so definitely seems isolated to User Layer so wanted to see if anyone else has run into it.  

Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 8.55.08 PM.png

12 answers to this question

14 hours ago, Andrey Masalkin said:

Did you solve the problem?

I have a similar problem with UserLayer and Chrome Extensions

error_google_ext.PNG

@software777  do you recall the last app layering version this worked properly on? i am working w/ support and helping me with some custom scripts to swap ELM drivers to older versions to test exporting images w/ those older drivers to see if we can isolate things

still working on this but i found that if you unassign EVERY elastic app layer and just use full user layer, extensions work just fine.   I reported the findings to the case so at least in the meantime if you have a need i think you might be able to unassign any elastic app layers, log in and add the needed extensions, and then reassign the elastic ones again until they figure out what is going on.