Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix GPO Lockscreen issues - Win10 XenDesktop 7.15

Toby Lane

Question

Hi,

We're trying to create a lock screen policy on our Windows 10 64bit Citrix desktops (VMWare Virtual machines) and are having issues.

I've created a standard user configuration policy that Forces a specific screensaver, password protects the screensaver and times out the screensaver after a short duration. When logging directly onto the VM via the console the GPO works perfectly and locks the screen after 5 minutes. However when connecting via our Citrix Receiver gateway (the method our users need to access) the screen doesn't lock, even though the policy is applying when running gpresult. 

I've already tried this method a different way, by using the Machine Inactivity Limit computer configuration but with no luck. Does anyone have any ideas about the issue?

Cheers.

6 answers to this question

On 7/30/2019 at 7:14 PM, Toby Lane said:

As an update to this post, I found that by following the steps in CTX205214 solved the issue for me. Even though the article states this is a fix for XenDesktop 7.6, it worked for us and we are running 7.15 LTSR.

I confim this works also on 08R2 with 7.15 LTSR.

I followed this article and added the registry key - 

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX205214/screensaver-not-working-in-xendesktop

Set the following Registry key on VDA - This must be applied to the master image. 

Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\Graphics

Value Name: SetDisplayRequiredMode

Type: DWORD

Value:00000000

Reboot the VDA

applying this on the Win10 OS and restarted the VDI. That enabled the screen inactivity timeout value and successfully applied within the Citrix session.