Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Process for in-place upgrading from 7.6 to the latest LTSR (7.15 I believe)?

COLIN SMALL1709159639

Question

I'm looking at doing an in-place upgrade of an existing 7.6 environment to 7.15 LTSR.

What does the process look like and are there any guides to doing this sort of upgrade available? Possibly this document: https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/upgrade-migrate/upgrade.html

The controller versions are 7.6.0.5024 and the VDA's are running 7.6.0.5026. It sits behind a Netscaler VDX running 11.1. MCS is used with VMware 6.5. Storefront version is 2.6.0.5031. The Controllers have storefront on them and one also has the license server on it.

One of the installed licenses has a Subscription Advantage Date of 20190131, does that mean it needs to be replaced because it isn't after 20190515?

Is this a pretty straight forward upgrade? Are there any gotcha's that I need to look out for?

Any guidance is much appreciated.

3 answers to this question

Hi
well, stick to the document U did refer to and all will be fine.  Keep in mind as a first step (0) to upgrade licenses and license server before starting the upgrade procedure.

Regarding SF, well better reboot the server to not get into any situation where upgrade will fail because of any locked file/users. Good idea to use rebooted servers anyways.

On 7/23/2019 at 7:29 AM, Frank Schifferstein said:

Hi
well, stick to the document U did refer to and all will be fine.  Keep in mind as a first step (0) to upgrade licenses and license server before starting the upgrade procedure.

Regarding SF, well better reboot the server to not get into any situation where upgrade will fail because of any locked file/users. Good idea to use rebooted servers anyways.

If the license server, controller, and storefront server are all on the same server, do I need to upgrade the license server first separately? The documentation makes it sound like if all three live on the same box then you don't have to do it separately?