Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Unable to add or remove application shortcuts to Workspace UI

Dan Hitchins

Question

Hello,

Let me preface this by stating I am not an engineer I look after the IT Services Department of my organisation.

Recently we have had some Citrix slowness issues which were tied to a config file from a specific application that was updated as part of a vDisk upgrade.

Everything was rolled back to a previous version and the environment stabilised apart from one annoying issue.

Our users can no longer add or remove application launch shortcuts from the Citrix Workspace UI (we have some users on the old Citrix receiver as well and the issue is present there as well).

The team that manages our infrastructure (external vendor) has engaged Citrix about this and their recommendation is to delete the "User Subscription Database" which has been described as not a database but some form of a configuration file which has been corrupted.

We are informed this will resolve the issue but with the caveat that all users preferred apps will be wiped and have to be readded.

Now we can easily communicate this issue to the business but in our experience, our users very rarely pay attention to these types of communications.

We would really like to achieve this without users losing their preferred shortcuts OR if we could dictate the addition of shortcuts based on app users have access to.

I have been informed that this is our version info.

Component                    Version

Xenserver                        7.1cu2

Provisioning services    7.0

Store front                      2.0

XenApp                           6.5

We have users on a large number of different versions of the client app (Workspace/Receiver) and the issue is present on all versions.

Also if you create a new account within workspace which defaults to "Test" the way it works is accurate and users can add and remove shortcuts.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,
Dan

2019-07-22 14_08_18-.png

2019-07-22 14_09_41-Ask New Question - Discussions.png

2019-07-22 14_10_39-Ask New Question - Discussions.png

2019-07-22 14_21_38-Citrix Workspace.png

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet