Welcome to our new Citrix community!

StoreFront 1906 - Compatibility IE 10

Hello together,

I've updated StoreFront Server 1808 to 1906. After that some Worker complains that they not able to login with their ThinClients. 

The issue is, that the ThinClient are running only IE10. This Browser is not supportet s.o. 

I dont want rollback the StoreFront Version until the old ThinClient will be replaced. 

It's possible to change in StoreFront the "Browser check" to allow IE10?

I try to play around with the web.config and use the same <protocolHandler> like in the 1808 StoreFront config without success.

I KNOW its not supported - just a try if its work.

Many thanks,

Chris

The issue is, that the ThinClient are running only IE10. This Browser is not supported. 

The reason for the lack of support is not just that IE10 is no longer supported by Microsoft but the fact that Receiver for Web in 1903 & 1906 ect... is completely unusable with IE10 or older.  There are serious functional and cosmetic issues with the web UI if you attempt to use it hence why we took the decision to drop support for it.  This is why Citrix does not provide any CTX articles/hacks/workarounds to allow older thin clients to continue to use it.  It wouldn't work properly even if we did.  The Receiver for Web implementation in more recent StoreFront versions simply cannot be used.  Also there are likely to be issues with using HTML5 in older browsers like IE10.  

Your only options are to
1 ) Revert back to the older version 1808 before the web UI was updated from X1 --> X1.1 with some enhancements plus new Javascript libraries
2) Update the thin client images to use a min of IE11 or higher

I try to play around with the web.config and use the same <protocolHandler> like in the 1808 StoreFront config without success.

This will not solve the issue.

Sorry Chris.  I know this is not the answer you are looking for and probably telling you things you already know but at least you have a reason as to why you cannot do what you had hoped.  You definitely cannot use IE10 as Receiver for Web does not render/function properly in it at all.  Going back to the old web UI means you would also lose some enhancements in the accounts settings web UI.

Regards Mark

• Like 1