Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix UPM excluded directories AppData\Local - Chrome (Code Cache) and ClickOnce (2.0)

Cindy Vickers

Question

Hello,

Google Chrome Code Cache folder

I just want to know if the following folder can be excluded from UPM like the other excluded cache directories for Chrome

AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Code Cache

I'm seeing the folder grow to nearly 140MB

Current excluded directories

!ctx_localappdata!\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache
!ctx_localappdata!\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cached Theme Images
!ctx_localappdata!\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\JumpListIcons
!ctx_localappdata!\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\JumpListIconsOld

Click Once 2.0 folder

We have a ClickOnce application that installs the application into AppData\Local\Apps\2.0 without admin rights

As we have non persistent desktops the installer runs each time the user runs the application (125MB folder created each time and stored in UPM).

I just want to know if the 2.0 can be excluded and if anyone can see any issues with this?

Thanks in advance

2 answers to this question

Good morning Cindy,

Is the data that is created in either folder required for anything other than running the applications that generate it at the time of execution?

From what I can tell reading about those folders, they can be safely excluded.  If excluding them causes an issue, you could always redirect those folders instead of excluding them.

Hi Jim,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

From what I can tell the 2.0 folder just contains the dll's required to run the ClickOnce application, nothing else.  Each folder generated has pretty much identical contents

And the Chrome Code Cache sounds like it is just used to speed up Chromes performance but I still don't believe it needs to be written back to the UPM profile

But if anyone else has any knowledge with these please let me know :)

Have attached what the Code Cache looks like

Capture.JPG