Welcome to our new Citrix community!

CVAD 1906 with Desktop Lock 1905 reconnect issue

Question

Hi All, We have recently built a Hosted Shard Desktop (HSD) environment running CVAD 1906 with Window 10 Enterprise thin clients (HP) with dual monitors using Desktop Lock in combination with Local App Access (LAA) for a SIP Softphone (+toolbar). 

On first logon it all works as expected, user logs into client, HSD launches and the 'Local Apps' appear on the desktop. However we have noticed that when we reconnect (to a disconnected session) there is a significant amount of flickering and then the HSD is covered by a 'Connected to your Desktop' screen which I believe is related to Desktop lock? There is no way to minimize this window and the user then only has one option which is to sign-out.

If I remove the 'Allow local app access' Citrix computer policy I am able to reconnect to the disconnected session, once I switch it back on the 'Connected to your Desktop' screen comes back. Unfortunately this isn't an option for us as we need LAA.

I have tested various configurations extensively, including reverting VDA and environment back to 7.15 CU3 (ncluding Storefront & DDCs) which appears to work a lot better but still exhibits the issue now and again, interestingly though if I use Legacy graphics mode, it's work flawslessly, but again this isn't an option in CVAD 1906 as it's not an option so I followed George Spiers brilliant article - https://www.jgspiers.com/citrix-thinwire-hdx-graphics-modes/ to implement Thinwire+ but that doesn't work either.

Any help would be much appreciated!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet