Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix Studio empty after database migration

hugo beta

Question

dear all,

XA 7.6 with 2 DDC and 4 apps Servers

3 separated Database.

I want to migrate Database from SQL 2008 to SQL 2012.

all the process goes perfectly well, execpt when i laucnh citrix studio after migration.

studio is empty, and i get no menu on it. (all user can loggin to published app and desktop) acces to the new SQL database is ok.

when i tried to connect studio to my DCC1 or DDC2 i got this following error : XDDS 2BA6839E

Do i miss something ?

any help would be appreciate.

thanks.

3 answers to this question

Are the DDC's computer accounts configured under SQL Management Studio > Security > Logins on the new DB server?  Are there any additional messages (either in Studio or in the Windows Event Logs?

There were a few older discussions with similar problems, but nothing marked as answered.  The following discussion quoted Carl Stalhood as follows as a fix to their particular situation:

https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/368417-xenapp-76-cant-login-into-studio-anymore/?page=2

8‎/‎18‎/‎2015 at 10:32 AM, Carl Stalhood said:

Also check the registry for the DB connection strings: For example - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\XDservices\DAS\DataStore\Connections

Hi Jim, thanks you for your answer.

So yes, all DDC's (there is only two, but thats still all of them ) has been correctly configured in logins section in SQL. 

by the way, the test string connection are OK, and are pointed to the new SQL server. 

I have also checked all the registry entries in order to ensure that it wasnot some parameter in the registery. 

As the environement is in production, i wasn't able to get anymore details on event logs nor in XDDS description because I must restore to the working point to not impact some critical production service.

i am building an test environement to try to reproduce the error.

Hi, 

You have mentioned that the SQL strings are fine and your Delivery Controller is now pointing to the new SQL server.

However, please check if the Log and Monitor Datastores have been correctly configured.

Run the following commands: 

Get-MonitorDataStore
Get-LogDataStore

If they don't return both connection strings correctly, use the following commands:
Set-MonitorDBConnection –DataStore Monitor –DBConnection “SQL connection string pointing to new monitor DB”
Set-LogDBConnection –DataStore Logging –DBConnection “SQL connection string pointing to new Logging DB”

If the new strings are not getting enabled, use -force

Set-MonitorDBConnection –DataStore Monitor –DBConnection “SQL connection string pointing to new monitor DB” -force
Set-LogDBConnection –DataStore Logging –DBConnection “SQL connection string pointing to new Logging DB” -force

For better understanding, you can refer to: https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX232979

Note: Try the above on both your Controllers.