Welcome to our new Citrix community!

WEM Client 1906 stopped working

Claus-Michael Maier

Question

Hi @all

after upgrading from WEM 4.7 to 1906 the Server crashes all two or three days but maybe this a problem with the windows system file "adsldpc.sys". At the moment i am patching the Management Server. But the WEM clients 1906 are stopping to work too with errror message " AgentWcfServiceHost => Exception during wcf hosting -> The requested port 49752 is busy" Firewall port ist open, and when making a rollback to client 4.7 all is ok ...

Any ideas ?

Regards Claus-Michael

8 answers to this question

I've had the same error/crash on both of our WEM servers within hours of each other. According to the file details it's something to do with LDAP lookup; there's a lot going on with the domain at this customer, so could have been some ongoing domain work that caused issues. Unfortunately the Broker service wasn't configured for recovery, so the next morning following the nightly reboot no XenApp servers got a WEM config. I've since added the service recovery options (i.e. restart the service!) and not had the issue since (although not checked the event logs for how often the error occurs). This was following an upgrade from 1903 to 1906. Also, I'm sticking to 1903 agent because 1906 seems to break things. I've not yet had the chance to revisit, but I will shortly.

You can stop the Broker service, delete LocalBrokerCache.sdf (not LocalBrokerCacheTmpl.sdf) and then re-run the WEM Infrastructure Service Configuration utility, click Save Configuration (don't need to make any changes) and that rebuilds the local cache file using the settings either already in the configuration, or from what you enter in the util. I had to do it when....something happened. I forget now. I'm assuming the Tmpl file is a template/schema for the Broker cache itself? I you delete that it'll need to be copied from your other WEM server (assuming you have another) or install WEM you to get a copy of the file, but there's no need to delete it.

• Like 1

Hi James,

this is what i did....first tipp was to reinstall all,  WEM Server and WEM Client because we have a second problem now with the WEM Management server 

The simplest was to to reinstall the WEM client but this doesn`t help. After rollback the client to 4.7 the client side works fine. But server is crashing between

one or two days with the following error.

Faulting application name: Norskale Broker Service.exe, version: 1906.0.1.1, time stamp: 0x5cf4e79e 
Faulting module name: adsldpc.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17415, time stamp: 0x545053e3 
Exception code: 0xc0000005 
Fault offset: 0x000000000001e554 
Faulting process id: 0x610 
Faulting application start time: 0x01d53af39b3edc65 
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Norskale\Norskale Infrastructure Services\Norskale Broker Service.exe 
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\adsldpc.dll 
Report Id: c4e5263c-a75e-11e9-8107-005056ad16f6 
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

After a short communication with our service partner the told us they have similar problem with a brand new W2K16. Mine is a fully patched W2K12 R2

Regards C-M

Hi James,

i saw that there is a directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Norskale\Norskale Infrastructure Services\Local Broker Cache". There are two file in. One is actuall (timestamp), filename

is "LocalBrokerCache.sdf" and the other is older (bevor update time on monday last week) The name is "LocalBrokerCacheTmpl.sdf". Is the function the same as the client

site, to stop the Norskale Service, remove these files and start the service to rebuild these files ?

Regards C-M

Hi,

since two day i had no crash of the WEM Server nor any WEM Client. I made a rollback of the client from 1906 to 4.7. Recompiled .NET at the server, Stopped the Norskale Broker Service, removed the cashed DB File and restarted the Broker Service. The cache file will be regenerated...since now it works stable..i do not have any problems with Server 1906 and client 4.7. Til`now...

But i will have look for a alternate Solution for WEM. We had much problem with every update since version 4.3 and the CITRIX Support is a catastrophe. They are frindly...but at most time i know more about their systems. Last year we had massiv performance problems with XenServer (7.1 LTSR, 20 XenServer). No solution, no help, we solved it by ourself. And now we are kicking out XenServer and using VMWare. Sure, it`s more expensive but they are more Profis`and better support

Kind regards

Claus-Michael

9 hours ago, Nick Clarkson1709160891 said:

You can stop the Broker service, delete LocalBrokerCache.sdf (not LocalBrokerCacheTmpl.sdf) and then re-run the WEM Infrastructure Service Configuration utility, click Save Configuration (don't need to make any changes) and that rebuilds the local cache file using the settings either already in the configuration

nice, good to know how that rebuilds :5_smiley: