Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Joe W

Question

I have already applied the -SessionReconnection value of SameEndpointOnly to the Entitlement Policy Rule and it works for Desktops but not Applications even though I have applied it to both Delivery Groups using the Set-BrokerEntitlementPolicyRule and Set-BrokerAppEntitlementPolicyRule modules, respectively.

This only appears to be happening from within a published Desktop. If I launch two separate instances of Receiver from two different PCs using the same login I am able to launch independent application sessions. However, from within the published Desktop, the published application session roams from one to the other. This leads me to believe that the issue is with Receiver but I have already tried applying the fixes for Workspace control suggested here: https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2016/05/02/workspace-control-when-you-dont-want-to-roam/ to no avail.

7 answers to this question

I should add that this only happens when same user is logged in on the same Desktop terminal server and then launches a published application:

e.g.

UserA is logged on the DesktopTSA and launches a published app.

UserA logs on a second session on DesktopTSA and launches the same published app and it takes over the published app session from the first Desktop.

UserA then logs on to DesktopTSB and launches the same published app and received a unique published app session.