Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Apps Deployment - Consolidation

Question

We have SecureMail, SecureWeb, QuickEdit and several other apps that are of different version and we have users who have downloaded it and installed it on their devices. I am cleaning up this mess in consolidating only one version and the current version of everything. How can I have all users use the same version? If I disable, we are going to get calls. How can this be achieved, where I can get all the users to move to a specific version of this. Most of them are now downloading it directly from Playstore or Appstore. But, I want to consolidate it to just one version of Securemail, and other apps.

image.thumb.png.7e85cea77e0202a5e5a66f750f8e50a9.png

2 answers to this question

I believe that you should be able to do this by setting the apps you want on all devices as required in the Delivery Group settings.

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-endpoint-management/apps.html

Requirements for forced deployment of required apps

• Secure Hub 10.5.15 for iOS and 10.5.20 for Android (minimum versions)
  • MDX Service or MDX Toolkit 10.6 (minimum version)
  • Custom server property, force.server.push.required.apps
  • The forced deployment of required apps is disabled by default. To enable the feature, create a Custom Key server property. Set the Key and Display name to force.server.push.required.apps and set the Value to true.
  • After you upgrade Endpoint Management and Secure Hub: Users with enrolled devices must sign off and then sign on to Secure Hub, one time, to obtain the required app deployment updates.

About required and optional apps

When you add apps to a delivery group, you choose whether they are optional or required. For apps marked as required, users can promptly receive updates in situations such as:

• You upload a new app and mark it as required.
  • You mark an existing app as required.
  • As user deletes a required app.
  • A Secure Hub update is available.

On 7/9/2019 at 10:13 AM, Jim Grimm1709160134 said:

I believe that you should be able to do this by setting the apps you want on all devices as required in the Delivery Group settings.

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-endpoint-management/apps.html

Hi,

How can I do a silent install of Android MDX apps and IOS MDX apps for Secure Mail, Secure Web, Secure Notes and all the new versions?

Thanks