Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Installing Workspace on Windows Server 2019

Stefan Perovic

Question

Hello, I have a situation where a client that uses Citrix Workspace to connect to their company software by typing vdi.example.com and then typing in username/password.

We have migrated them from individual windows 10 pc's onto 1 strong Windows 2019 Server on which every user is connecting over RDP. 

The issues is that they cannot connect. upon typing in vdi.example.com they are asked for username/password but after typing it in it gives out an error that hostname cannot be resolved. Also, I am sure hostname is resolved due to the fact I can ping it, and if I type it wrong (say vdi.examSle.com instead of vdi.example.com it cannot find it)

Is there something I am missing? Is Citrix workspaces app even viable on windows server?

Thank you for your answers

4 answers to this question

19 hours ago, Adrian Gates said:

I have looked through the documentation but there is nothing I can find for servers. The connection from Windows 10 works fine, but server 2019 gives the following error ([icitrix.png).

I have tried running it as admin, in compatibility mode for 7,8... also pinging the server resolves hostname correctly, so does going through chrome. 

I also tried adding localhost entry.

Is there anything else I can try? 

Thanks

citrix.png

Okay so I found the solution.

I replaced Microsoft RDP Service with Thinstuff RDP emulator and issue is resolved. Basically its the RDP service (not Server 2019) that causes the errors.  

On 09/07/2019 at 3:58 PM, Adrian Gates said:

I have looked through the documentation but there is nothing I can find for servers. The connection from Windows 10 works fine, but server 2019 gives the following error ([icitrix.png).

I have tried running it as admin, in compatibility mode for 7,8... also pinging the server resolves hostname correctly, so does going through chrome. 

I also tried adding localhost entry.

Is there anything else I can try? 

Thanks