Welcome to our new Citrix community!

RTOP 2.8 + VDA 7.15 CU3 + Published SfB 2016 > Published Desktop

Keith Harding

Question

Hi,

Can anyone confirm if it possible or supported/not to run published Skype 2016 to a Published Desktop and have the RTOP working for optimised delivery of the audio.

Its currently configured and the audio quality/delivery seems to be fairly decent. How can I tell if its being optimised down to the client (IGEL)?

I found the following line in the RTOP technical overview.

"We do not support optimized delivery in a double-hop Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops-Citrix Workspace app scenario. Optimized delivery is redirection of media processing to the user device."

Does this mean it doesn't work, or is just not supported by Citrix?

Thanks

1 answer to this question

1 hour ago, Keith Harding said:

Hi,

Can anyone confirm if it possible or supported/not to run published Skype 2016 to a Published Desktop and have the RTOP working for optimised delivery of the audio.

Its currently configured and the audio quality/delivery seems to be fairly decent. How can I tell if its being optimised down to the client (IGEL)?

I found the following line in the RTOP technical overview.

"We do not support optimized delivery in a double-hop Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops-Citrix Workspace app scenario. Optimized delivery is redirection of media processing to the user device."

Does this mean it doesn't work, or is just not supported by Citrix?

Thanks

To be honest I never seen anyone publish Skype as a seamless app. I don't see a reason why it would not work. 

You can easily tell if you place a call and look into the SDP negotiation. Place a call, not your local endpoint IP and send it to me. i'll tell you if audio went out from endpoint or not.