Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Receiver 4.9.7000 update breaks connection to XenDesktop

Geir Andre Leithe

Question

Hi

We are running the latest LTSR of XenDesktop/Virtual desktop (7.15) in out datacenter and has enabled update policy for the LTSR version of Receiver on our users clients. After Citrix released the latest CU for the LTSR Receiver all users that have installed the update are unable to connect to their VDI. The Desktop Viewer hangs on connecting. If they are canceling the connection and tries again they get the Unknown client error 0 message.

The only workaround is to disable updates, uninstall Receiver and install the CU6 version (4.9.6000).  The OS version or the presence of HDX RTME on the device makes no difference at all.

As Citrix no longer have an on-prem solution for distributing updates to clients, we opted to use the Receiver GPO solution to keep our clients updated. But no we cannot trust this way of updating users devices.

Has anybody else seen this behavior of the new Receiver?

6 answers to this question

I cannot see that CTX133536 i relevant for our case.

I have opened an support case with Citrix and had the worst support experience I ever had with any software company in my 25 year long carrier.  To make a long and frustrating story short: The problem is not slowed.

After testing this the last week I have confirmed to Citrix that I can get 4.9.7000 to work ONLY if we use Receiver CleanUp Utility before installing 4.9.7000. I have not fond any way to get the upgrade solution to work.  We have disabled the update function in GPO and will be running 4.6001 for now.