Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Receiver-UI vs SF-Web

Kevin Parr

Question

Hi

We have a bit of a convoluted setup so bear with me while i set the context. The basic issue is probably firewall related but i just wanted to see if there was any other suggestions from you esteemed chaps and chapesses. 

We have receiver clients and storefront on domain1

we have delivery controllers and session hosts on domain2

we have a firewall between domain1 and domain2 managed by a 3rd party which is also a shared service

When i launch the storefront web-ui on the client on domain1, i can see all the icons from domain2 published to my account and launch them. When i log onto the receiver-ui in domain1 and open the green screen (desktop?) or search in receiver-ui, i cant see the icons. Both the web and the receiver client use the same store on the same storefront servers in domain1 and there are no errors in the eventlog on the storefront servers. 

I'd like to know, if anyone can tell me, what different ports does the receiver-UI use compared to the storefront-web and why would icons appear in one but not the other? This has me baffled slightly so any further info would help me greatly. Thanks in advance.

12 answers to this question

Hi Dennis - Thanks for the reply. The firewall is probably a Cisco but is managed by a third party they will open and close ports as requested. There are no policies as such although they do vcreate rule sets for them. We have 2598 & 1494 open to the session hosts and 443 open to the delivery controllers (with certificates from our PKI solution) plus another bunch of AD type ports for authentication. I can log on and run the icon from the web GUI but not receiver from the same store. 

Are there any suggestions from anyone? We are still having this issue and no-one seems to know how to troubleshoot it. Citrix have pretty much given up now although I'm not sure why. This has turned from an annoyance to business issue now so i could do with any help on offer.

Thanks,

Kev

we haven't tried workspace app as we have no plan to deploy it. We're having enough issues trying to deploy 4.9 LTSR. I can't see that this would be the problem as we have 3 other farms working fine with this version of receiver and displaying icons correctly. The 3 farms are XA5.0, XA 6.5 and XA 7.15 LTSR (CU3). The only farm that has this problem is another 7.15 LTSR (CU3) farm which is in another domain and on the other side of a firewall. I realise this is a complex setup but in an enterprise environment, its not that easy to change things like the client and even the storefront version without a whole heap of changes. If we know this will cure the problem then we'll implement it but if it is just to try then we probably wont. I'll try citrix once more 

Seems to be more AD related or authentication. If I allow the icons to be published to any authenticated user then i can see them on receiver. If i restrict them to a specific AD group then they disappear! It's strange how this only affects receiver and not web though.

the article below explains what is happening and that the domain pass through config on storefront is actually causing me an issue. Users in domain A are placed into a group (domain global group) and that group is paced into a group (domain local group) in domain B. The icon is published to the group in domain B. In this setup, when using domain pass through, the icon disappears from the receiver client for a user domain A. It is visible for the users of the web-ui as it has domain pass through turned off and this handles the AD token differently. The solution is to publish the icons directly to the group in domain A. I was trying to accommodate a few NFR's by having the icon published to the group in domain B and the users in domain A but I've scrapped that from the design now. My main puzzlement was the difference in the 2 access methods but now i understand whats happening. 

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX209647