Welcome to our new Citrix community!

XenDesktop 1906 SSL/HTTPS StoreFront - Delivery Controller

Question

I am having issues getting SSL to work between StoreFront and Delivery Controller.  I am using SSL from a certificate authority on SF server, bound to 443 and any address (when this is locked to the IP it causes cannot connect errors).  I then have the same certificate imported on DC1 and bound to 443 and the GUID of the Citrix Broker Service.

I do not get any desktops and i see the error in SF Event viewer 'None of the Citrix XML services configured for the farm Controller are in the list of active services, so none were contacted.'  I have followed the various guides but am not getting any further with this one.. The previous errors in event log state 'An SSL connection could not be established: the server sent a security certificate identifying *.*.*.*, but the SSL connection was to *.*.*.*, this message was reported from the Citrix XML service address.....

I have been through the previous questions related to this on here with no success.

This is with sslflags 0, i get similar with sslflags 1

Any help appreciated!

4 answers to this question

Hi Carl, yes, the FQDN is in the controller.  The controller certificate is a DNS alias not matching the FQDN, its a DNS A record pointing to the load balancer with a SSL certificate associated that is imported (CSR request from Storefront server) as a web bind against the default website, then imported on the delivery controller and associated with the application and port.

Do I need to also have SSL for FQDN for each controller?

Thanks for the response, I have been reading your blogs for years now!