Jump to content
Welcome to our new Citrix community!
  • 0

peizhi yu

Question

I have a XenDesktop environment.

 

The license server has 50 license installed

 

Using udamin.exe command to check license.

50 license in use.

1.thumb.PNG.464f25cbadda050503f0def425e9ff26.PNG

 

But, at this time, I don't have any user connection to the environment.

2.thumb.PNG.a089c36c73246513beef0f294cb19150.PNG

 

How to quickly release the license that previously used?

Link to comment

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
14 hours ago, Baumgartner AG said:

Hi Aaron

 

As far as I know, with user/device licensing, licenses are reservated 90 days from their use. There is no way to release it manually. 

 

Concurrent licensing releases the license right after logoff.

 

Regards, Cedy

I check my license:

3.thumb.PNG.7e39e022cdb40283dd357fd504156bbd.PNG

 

How to use concurrent license, don't use User/Device license?

Link to comment
  • 0
10 hours ago, peizhi yu said:

I check my license:

3.thumb.PNG.7e39e022cdb40283dd357fd504156bbd.PNG

 

How to use concurrent license, don't use User/Device license?

 

For XenDesktop (Desktop OS), you have to use user/device licensing. (As we were told by citrix support).

 

For XenApp (server OS) you can use concurrent licensing. 

 

Multi-Type licensing is possible since version 7.14. Check the following article which explains how to use multi-type licensing for particular delivery groups:

 

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/manage-deployment/licensing/multi-type-licensing.html

 

 

Regards, Cedy

Link to comment
  • 0
13 hours ago, Baumgartner AG said:

 

For XenDesktop (Desktop OS), you have to use user/device licensing. (As we were told by citrix support).

 

For XenApp (server OS) you can use concurrent licensing. 

 

Multi-Type licensing is possible since version 7.14. Check the following article which explains how to use multi-type licensing for particular delivery groups:

 

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/manage-deployment/licensing/multi-type-licensing.html

 

 

Regards, Cedy

My XenDesktop version is 1811. Can I change desktop group to use concurrent license?

Link to comment
  • 0
On 4.7.2019 at 2:26 AM, peizhi yu said:

My XenDesktop version is 1811. Can I change desktop group to use concurrent license?

 

I don't think that XenDesktop is supporting concurrent licensing. Your best bet to be 100% sure will be to call Citrix licensing support and ask them. Please provide the answer here, I'm interested on this also.

 

 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...