Welcome to our new Citrix community!

XenDesktop Instances constantly losing domain trust?

Joseph Gullo

Question

We are running XenDesktop 7.0 with 30 Windows 7 VDI instances; the version is due to the end of our service agreement licensing compatibility.  Our storefront is 7.6.

We are finding our VDI instances becoming unusable constantly, and when one becomes unstable, logging in at the console in XenCenter shows that the instance has lost domain trust.  When I go to the domain controller logs, I see the attached error being spammed from the VDI instances:

To fix this, from the PVS console, I delete/recreate the machine account, but this is becoming extremely labor intensive.

I'm stumped.  Are there common causes for this?  Where would you check for causes of this?  Everything seems to be working normally, then out of nowhere an instance will just die, filling our DC's audit logs with spam and noise.

Capture.PNG

4 answers to this question

While referring to the event logs which you have attached based on error for failure ID 0x25 is redirect to Clock Skew too great.

0x25

Clock skew too great

Workstation’s clock too far out of sync with the DC’s

Verify the clock skew at server as well as on Workstation.

Regards,

Adrian | Citrix VDI Expert

Verify first that do you have the trust relationship between Domain A and Domain B.

Or One way Authentication.

Also you can made the multisupportforest registry entry in Virtual desktop agent. Please refer below.

For a 32-bit VDA: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Citrix\VirtualDesktopAgent\SupportMultipleForest (REG_DWORD)

For a 64-bit VDA: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Citrix\VirtualDesktopAgent\SupportMultipleForest (REG_DWORD)

Regards,

Adrian | Citrix VDI Expert