Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Control behavior of Receiver HTML5 around user UI

Question

Hi everyone,

I did few upgrades of the latest StoreFront and noticed the new HTML5 receiver.

My question is how do you control the black area with the app icons at the very bottom of the screen. That was not there before. I can r-click there and I see few options to "auto hide" but is there a way to disable it for all users just like it was not present in the older HTML5 receiver?

Thank you

~B

citrix-receiver-new.png

citrix-receiver-for-html5.png

2 answers to this question

Hi 

I would recommend you to keep the taskbar on as the server side app switcher is disabled and this helps to switch the apps especially when the app is minimized.

Alternatively you can use the Switch apps button in toolbar->more options if you want to hide the taskbar.

To disable the taskbar, you need to edit the configuration.js file typically located at C:\Program Files\Citrix\Receiver StoreFront\HTML5Client in the storefront and look for showTaskbar key and set its value to false.

• Like 2

In addition, setting 'autoHide': true makes sense for published IE where download prompt gets behind the appSwitcher taskbar.

On 7/1/2019 at 2:50 AM, Shruthi Udayakumar said:

Hi 

I would recommend you to keep the taskbar on as the server side app switcher is disabled and this helps to switch the apps especially when the app is minimized.

Alternatively you can use the Switch apps button in toolbar->more options if you want to hide the taskbar.

To disable the taskbar, you need to edit the configuration.js file typically located at C:\Program Files\Citrix\Receiver StoreFront\HTML5Client in the storefront and look for showTaskbar key and set its value to false.