Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix and Xen Project.

XenServer Boy

Question

Hello.

I have some questions about Citrix and supporting Xen Project. Why Citrix is not serious about Xen Project and XenServer? Companies like Dell and HP created a special version of XenServer for their servers but why Citrix never offer any support about Xen marketing? We can see "VMware Ready" on most servers but can't see "Citrix Ready". What is the Citrix problem? In my opinion, XenServer is more stable and have better performance but Citrix never thinking about growing it.

Why?

Thanks.

10 answers to this question

Citrix Xenserver for various reasons never gained popularity or market share. At this point I would say they probably are just targeting XenApp/XenDesktop customers. 

With so many hypervisor choices its a tough market to be in. I am surprised you see XenServer as more stable and better performance than VMware. 

--Alan--

On 6/25/2019 at 9:40 PM, Alan Lantz said:

Citrix Xenserver for various reasons never gained popularity or market share. At this point I would say they probably are just targeting XenApp/XenDesktop customers. 

With so many hypervisor choices its a tough market to be in. I am surprised you see XenServer as more stable and better performance than VMware. 

--Alan--

I guess one of the biggest problems is users like you. Someone that using XenServer and Ads against it.

I'm surprised too, because you found VMware better than XenServer.

On 6/28/2019 at 0:05 AM, Kyle Peterson said:

Its simple, while I like xenserver vmware and any kvm solution has much better performance pretty much all around.

Xenserver market share has dropped a lot and is continuing to do so.

Do you know how to config Xen hypervisor?

On 6/27/2019 at 6:55 PM, Alan Lantz said:

I don't see how my post is against Citrix or the XenServer product. I've been using it in production for ten years. 

But the fact still remains the Citrix marketshare is low. If you want to blame me for the failure of Citrix to 

gain marketshare, thats fine.  I find it a little odd and misguided. 

https://www.controlup.com/hypervisor-market-share-controlup-perspective/

--Alan--

Why they can't?