Welcome to our new Citrix community!

after restart network is down and no interfaces present error came

kuppuraj rajiv

Question

Dear sir,

im using ibm server X3620,and i'm using citrix xenserver 7.6, my server for shutdown due to the power issue, after i try to boot the server its booting was successfully complied, but it show the error   no network configured and i try to configure it show the error no interface present. and all my VM is not show and its show there is no VM. kindly help to fix this issue without data loss.

20190624_120752.jpg

20190624_120802.jpg

20190624_120825.jpg

19 answers to this question

I see this on occasion. If multiple reboots do not fix it, I have to do an emergency network reset and define the primary management interface from the option in xsconsole and if in a pool,  it should pick up most settings once again after a reboot. Any iSCSI/NFS settings then still have to be fixed by hand. Not sure why this keeps happening or why Citrix has not repaired this over several XenServer releases.

-=Tobias

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Tobias Kreidl said:

I see this on occasion. If multiple reboots do not fix it, I have to do an emergency network reset and define the primary management interface from the option in xsconsole and if in a pool,  it should pick up most settings once again after a reboot. Any iSCSI/NFS settings then still have to be fixed by hand. Not sure why this keeps happening or why Citrix has not repaired this over several XenServer releases.

-=Tobias

Dear sir

i tried emergency network reset option but it not work 

4 hours ago, Tobias Kreidl said:

What happened afterwards? I assume you put in the parameters for the one network and tried to rejoin to the pool? Does at least the network work at all before the rejoin? Are you sure your NIC(s) hardware is all working as well as the ports and connections to them?

-=Tobias

i checked all my nic. i should be working fine. and sir i'm new to linux kindly help me to rejoin to the pool

After your nic is back on the network and responding to pings just right click on the pool and choose add server. You could add it standalone as well

and do right click and add to pool.  Once your server is added it will inherit all of the network/sr information from the pool. 

--Alan--