Welcome to our new Citrix community!

iOS 13 iPad - ica file not associated with workspace app

Question

Hi,  I’m currently on beta 2 of iOS 13 for iPad and have the workspace app installed.  On iOS 12 after logging into my corporate vdi site it would download a ica file in a browser window.  I’d click on this file and it would start my Citrix session in the workspace app.

ios 13 does not appear to have workspace associated with the ica file type.  Is this something that will be updated in the app?

thanks

On the Ipad I found a work around. 

The settings meny at Citrix Workspace 19.7.0.2 (1907) i found out that I could choose «web interface» In manual setup account.

I then entered the url for my citrix logon that I usualy log on in safari.

Sadly this option is not on the MacOS version. 

There I have to use Paralell desktop and windows to access my citrix desktop when using sms otp. 

(It works great at work where the vpn tunel is set up)

• Like 1
On 19/07/2019 at 11:33 PM, Frode Ødegård said:

On the Ipad I found a work around. 

The settings meny at Citrix Workspace 19.7.0.2 (1907) i found out that I could choose «web interface» In manual setup account.

I then entered the url for my citrix logon that I usualy log on in safari.

Sadly this option is not on the MacOS version. 

There I have to use Paralell desktop and windows to access my citrix desktop when using sms otp. 

(It works great at work where the vpn tunel is set up)

Hi fropad,

Can you let me know how to do this?  Been trying to figure out how to do this exactly.  Appreciate if you can detail how this is done.  

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Allantonie Tom said:

Hi fropad,

Can you let me know how to do this?  Been trying to figure out how to do this exactly.  Appreciate if you can detail how this is done.  

Thanks in advance.

Hi. 

On the Ipad you open the Citrix Workspace app. 
Add a new account. 
Upper right corner there is a settings icon
To set up a account you choose manual setup
Enter the url you normaly use in Safari in the Adress field and give it a Description
Select Web Interface 
Save.. 

Instead of safari to log on you now start the Workspace app, and selecting the account opens the web page inside workspace. 

• Like 1
On 02/08/2019 at 3:03 AM, Frode Ødegård said:

Hi. 

On the Ipad you open the Citrix Workspace app. 
Add a new account. 
Upper right corner there is a settings icon
To set up a account you choose manual setup
Enter the url you normaly use in Safari in the Adress field and give it a Description
Select Web Interface 
Save.. 

Instead of safari to log on you now start the Workspace app, and selecting the account opens the web page inside workspace. 

Thanks a lot fropad!  

Have you heared about citrix so far?

I have the same problem as mentioned here. Went to Apple directly who confirmed that under ipadOS 13 the problem is on Citrix's side as why the app doesn't show up anymore to open the .ica file. So I guess citrix should fix it. Not sure though whether they read these forums.

I raised a ticket with Citrix support and they closed it saying they “wouldn’t be releasing a new version of the app to fix a problem Apple have created”. I contacted Apple and they said it was an issue Citrix needed to resolve. So doesn’t sound like any resolution to this any time soon!

I get an error when trying to access from within the Workspace app so at the moment I’m Citrix-less on my iPad.