Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Published app issue using N series azure vm

Rob Young1709151927

Question

I currently have an onprem Xendesktop/Xenapp farm running 7.9  (In the process of upgrading to 7.15 ltsr)

I have extended our network to the cloud and I am trying to publish Applications on an Nseries vm (NV 12 v3) running Server 2016 and I have installed the M60 Grid drivers (supplied in the ms docs)

If I publish a desktop, everything works fine.  If I publish an app  (Notepad.exe), it starts the process (receiver dialog showing applying polcies ect ect) but when it goes to launch thepublish app it just disappears.

Any thoughts?  Is there a limitation to published apps in a N series vm with this setup?

3 answers to this question

Couldnt find anything in the event logs that would identify the issue.  i spun up a new nv6 in case it was an issue with my first vm...so it was just a clean image.  installed the grid drivers and just 7.15 ltsr vda...thats it and received the same results.  (The first one I was messing with the display drivers so I wasnt sure if that was the issue)

On premise I spin up the exact same setup  (minus the grid) and it works fine.

I wasnt sure if it was due to it running  7.9 on the controllers  (didnt think that would be an issue though since the vda installed on the vm was 7.15)