Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Linux VDA unable to read smart card mounted on client

Yogesh Dandekar

Question

Hi,

I'm using VDA products in VMware workstation VMs: 

on CentOS 7.6 x64 VM, I have XenDesktopVDA-18.11.0.7-1.el7_x.x86_64 installed,

on Windows 2016 (version 1607,  build 14393.1884) VM,  I have StoreFront 3.15.0.18019 installed and a studio/delivery group setup, "smart card" auth method is configured.

on Windows 10 (version 1809, build 17763.503) VM,  I have Receiver 4.12.0.18020 installed.

AD env is setup, and I can use smartcard (PIV card + Identiv SCR3500 A reader) to log in to Windows 10.

then I try to launch remote desktop in Receiver, the desktop viewer is launched and prompt for PIN, after I input the PIN, it stops here and I cannot login to gnome desktop.

I enabled verbose logging in Linux VDA server, by "/opt/Citrix/VDA/bin/setlog level SCARD VERBOSE"

and also enabled coolkey debug logging

it seems it's coolkey (on Linux side) that unable to read the smart card mounted on my Windows 10 machine,

however, I tested smartcard reader with diagnostic tool SmartPCSCDiag (from https://support.identiv.com/utilities-and-diagnostic-tools-for-smart-card-readers/), it's able to read the token on my smart card.

attached are the syslog and hdx.log snippets from Linux.

What could be causing the problem? or what logs should I check at the Receiver side? 

Thanks.

Snipaste_2019-06-14_16-16-02.png

Snipaste_2019-06-14_17-28-41.png

hdx.7z

syslog_citrix.7z

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet