Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Increasing CPU for existing catalog does not work MCS 7.15 LTSR VMWare

René Kehr

Question

Hello,

I increased the amount of CPUs yesterday by using the powershell as it is explained here .
The new number of CPUs is shown when using Get-ProvScheme and in Citrix Studio-Machine Catalogs.
The Machine Catalog received an update but it does nto affect the machines. After restarting them or even using a shutdown they still have the same settings.
Updates to the Master Image get processed to the Machine Catalog like updating programs.

Is there anything I am missing?

Kind regards

René

4 answers to this question

Hello Rene,

As per my understanding, the vCPU gets updated for the Provisioning Scheme using the Powershell commands for the catalog. However, it will take effect for the newly created machines. The old machines won't get their vCPUs updated. You can create a new machine in the catalog which will have the updated number of vCPUs. If its a pooled random catalog, you can recreate the VMs.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Prerna Katyal

9 minutes ago, Prerna Katyal said:

Hello Rene,

As per my understanding, the vCPU gets updated for the Provisioning Scheme using the Powershell commands for the catalog. However, it will take effect for the newly created machines. The old machines won't get their vCPUs updated. You can create a new machine in the catalog which will have the updated number of vCPUs. If its a pooled random catalog, you can recreate the VMs.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Prerna Katyal

Thanks for your reply.
I thought the existing machines would receive the update because in the given link there is no word about creating new machines.

Kind regards

Prerna is correct - changes like this only affect newly built machines, not existing ones.   Annoying, but true...   This is also true for RAM allocations, although not HDD sizes which do get updated if the master image gets an enlarged HDD.

Your choices are to either add more machines (which will get the updated CPU count) and delete the old ones, or to manually alter them from your hypervisor.   Which is easier will depend on how many machines you have in the catalog.