Welcome to our new Citrix community!

CDF Trace - Remote Registry on VDA disabled

John Francis1709160537

Question

Citrix wanted me to take CDF trace to send it to them from the Delivery Controller and remotely for the VDA that is having an issue of getting the profile applied, and it looks like the VDA's Remote Registry services is disabled and I am not able to enable it. I went to the registry key and it says access denied when I open it to change the value.  I tried to run the services.msc as administrator and still cannot start and shows disabled. 

We do not disable it through any GPO I suppose (as I have not checked with others). The only thing I did on the VDA Is run Citrix Optimization for Windows 10. Could this disable the Remote Registry? How can I go about enabling it as I need to send the CDF Trace to Citrix.

4 answers to this question

On 6/13/2019 at 3:04 AM, John Francis1709160537 said:

Citrix wanted me to take CDF trace to send it to them from the Delivery Controller and remotely for the VDA that is having an issue of getting the profile applied, and it looks like the VDA's Remote Registry services is disabled and I am not able to enable it. I went to the registry key and it says access denied when I open it to change the value.  I tried to run the services.msc as administrator and still cannot start and shows disabled. 

We do not disable it through any GPO I suppose (as I have not checked with others). The only thing I did on the VDA Is run Citrix Optimization for Windows 10. Could this disable the Remote Registry? How can I go about enabling it as I need to send the CDF Trace to Citrix.

Make sure that the Remote Registry and Windows Event Collector services are running on the remote host machine.

Open Windows Firewall.

Click Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall.

Select the Remote Service Management box, and then click OK.

Regards,

Akshay

Citrix vdi Administrator

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ganesh Raju said:

What was error logged in event log when you start RemoteRegistry service on VDA?

Is service with default configuration as stated in http://servicedefaults.com/10/remoteregistry/?

Hi Ganesh,

Thanks for the response and also for your link. I did end up going starting it manually on the image and updating the VDA and it has been started. I am not sure whether by default this is disabled in Windows 10, which I have not looked into when I built the system or is it after I do Citrix Optimization that it disables it. Not sure. I need to check this further.

4 hours ago, Akshay Mane1709160863 said:

Make sure that the Remote Registry and Windows Event Collector services are running on the remote host machine.

Open Windows Firewall.

Click Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall.

Select the Remote Service Management box, and then click OK.

Regards,

Akshay

Citrix vdi Administrator

Thanks Akshay. I did the same. It was WIndows Firewall that was blocking the pings. So, I turned it off and I was able to take it. But, I had to even enable the Remote Registry as it was disabled. But, what disables Remote Registry? Is it the Citrix Optimization or in general Remote Registry gets disabled in Windows 10?