Updated Privacy Statement

Citrix Workspace App GlobalSign Root CA post upgrade to Catalina Beta

Question

• Answers 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Unfortunately.. I have looked in these settings, but no Citrix Viewer.app or whatsoever is listed there. And no option to manually add it.

5 minutes ago, Victor Hernandez1709155926 said:

There is a known issue with this release, have you attempted the following? 

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-workspace-app-for-mac/whats-new.html#known-issues 

Denying automation permission after launching subscribed apps/desktops might cause Citrix Workspace app for Mac to become unresponsive. As a workaround, go to System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Privacy > Automation and allow permissions for Citrix Viewer.app, Citrix Workspace.app and all subscribed apps/desktops. [RFMAC-3048]

unflagging as favorite indeed works! Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Robert Busch said:

Hi max.lie,

Thank you for this hint. This finally works for me :) Of course with the Workspace Build 19.10.0.18 (1910), but to "unflag" the desktop as a favourite was the important thing to do!

3 hours ago, max Lie said:

Quick account to let you know that the latest build (19.10.0.18 (1910)) does work, but I had to "unflag" my desktop as a favourite as mentioned in the Support Knowledge Center article. If you do not de-activate the Favorite flagg the start-up just hangs as you have shown in your screenshots.

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX262142

Its also clearly states in the CTX:

"Note: This issue will only affect desktop launches if they have subscribed to the desktop (Favorite).".. Unflag and you are good to go!

What do you mean by "unflagging the desktop as favorite" ? Could you please explain where you find this option ?

Thanks !

2 minutes ago, Robert Woods1709157705 said:

I have the same issue.  After clicking on desktop in Workspace app(1910) it just spins and eventually does nothing.  I have ensured the privacy settings are good as described above as well as looked for a flag (favorite) but can't find anything.  Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

It will need to click "Details" on the App/Desktop under the Favorites tab and click the "Remove" button to unfavorite/unflag it. 

1.image.png.1f3708dff2f428d032f8798f44b9e66e.png

2.image.png.70de5042593204173ec03f78cc8cf61e.png

2 minutes ago, Alvin Raagas1709154206 said:

can you also try launching your desktop via a browser instead of native CWA?

Yes, I can launch my desktop through a browser (Chrome or Safari). But features are limited compared to the native CWA (no access to local files, no printing…)

I really need to get CWA working with Mac OS 10.15 !

6 minutes ago, Stephane LALLEMENT said:

Yes, I can launch my desktop through a browser (Chrome or Safari). But features are limited compared to the native CWA (no access to local files, no printing…)

I really need to get CWA working with Mac OS 10.15 !

I can also launch via browser but need the functionality in CWA as well.  I don't have a way to flag as favorite or unflag as favorite anywhere.  Is this something that can be done in the file/folder structure on a mac (like registry of a windows machine)?

So we are running XenDesktop 7.15 CU3 with StoreFront behind netscalers (ADC) 11.0.22.  My storefront doesn't have any options to mark favorites under details or anywhere else so I can't unflag them.  I still have the issue above where after clicking on the desktop to launch my vdi it spins for a minute and then stops with no desktop loaded.  I really hope that Citrix releases a patch to this 1910 version soon.  I can work in html5 for now but know that as users upgrade their macs to 10.15 I am going to start getting more calls.  If anyone has another work around other than unflagging desktops as a favorite I would love to hear it.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Travis Pauley said:

I imported and trusted the DigiCert Global CA, and I'm still running into the handshake error. Did you have to adjust any of the settings in the Citrix app itself?

No, didn't have to adjust any settings.

I exported the Root CA which would have included the intermediate and site certificate from our Citrix Storefront Gateway logon page then imported and set to always trust.

On 10/9/2019 at 6:07 PM, Robert Woods1709157705 said:

I have the same issue.  After clicking on desktop in Workspace app(1910) it just spins and eventually does nothing.  I have ensured the privacy settings are good as described above as well as looked for a flag (favorite) but can't find anything.  Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Exact same thing here except with the attached error message.

I have now been able to login through the Google Chrom Workspace extension but that is not satisfying at all.

Hope Citrix will come up with a solution asap.

What is this handshake issue anyways?

Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-10 um 18.10.07.png

After we switched off the TLS 1.2 on Netscaler 12.1 (resp. we changed cipher suite to "TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA (0xc013)"), the CWA 19.10 on macOS Catalina starts working. After clicking the desktop icon in CWA, two "Starting desktop..." dialogs start, but only one is successful to log in, the second one hangs (see picture 1).

All settings in WCA we had left as default (pict. 2). The same behavior is with the WCA 19.10 on Mojave. Before, when we had TLS 1.2 allowed on Netscaler 12.1, we saw "Remote SSL-Peer Handshake" message.

So, thats our workaround for now.

.screenshot.thumb.jpg.296aa66c44c1bde673e543392273d54d.jpg1298091822_CWAsettings.thumb.jpg.bfe55721526967f3ffd612eaa5927370.jpg

On the Netscaler site we did follow the Release notes:

TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 (0xc030)
TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384 (0xc028)
TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA (0xc013)

For DTLS 1.0 users, Citrix Workspace app for Mac 1910 supports only the following cipher suite: 
TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA (0xc013)

Both helps, to change the cipher sets to " 128", or to make TLS 1.2 innactive.

cipher.thumb.jpg.7eb688aaf419daec385caa8279079987.jpg tls.thumb.jpg.03b8f676f25e280e2ad2fc63302b67a3.jpg

22 minutes ago, Milan Zirnsak said:

After we switched off the TLS 1.2 on Netscaler 12.1, the WCA 19.10 on macOS Catalina starts working. After clicking the desktop icon in WCA, two processes starts ("Starting desktop..."), but only one is successful to log in, the second one hangs (probably this is due to negotiation TLS 1.2, TLS 1.1, ... from settings). All settings in WCA we had left as default. The same behavior is with the WCA 19.10 on Mojave. Before, when we had TLS 1.2 allowed on Netscaler 12.1, we saw "Remote SSL-Peer Handshake" message. So, thats our workaround for now.

How did you switch off TLS 1.2? I don't see an option to do that.

Untitled.png

Hello everyone,

Please be aware Citrix Workspace App for Mac 19.10.1 has been released: https://www.citrix.com/en-in/downloads/workspace-app/mac/workspace-app-for-mac-latest.html

Additional articles that were published: 

Subscribed desktop session fails to launch on CWA 1910 for Mac and macOS Catalina - This has been fixed in 19.10.1 

Remote SSL Peer sent a handshake failure- on CWA 1910 for Mac and macOS Catalina - Due to cipher suites being deprecated

“Certificate is not Trusted” on CWA 1910 for Mac and macOS Catalina - KB explains how to resolve, and provides Apples steps to do so 

4 hours ago, Victor Hernandez1709155926 said:

Hello everyone,

Please be aware Citrix Workspace App for Mac 19.10.1 has been released: https://www.citrix.com/en-in/downloads/workspace-app/mac/workspace-app-for-mac-latest.html

Additional articles that were published: 

Subscribed desktop session fails to launch on CWA 1910 for Mac and macOS Catalina - This has been fixed in 19.10.1 

Remote SSL Peer sent a handshake failure- on CWA 1910 for Mac and macOS Catalina - Due to cipher suites being deprecated

“Certificate is not Trusted” on CWA 1910 for Mac and macOS Catalina - KB explains how to resolve, and provides Apples steps to do so 

Still get the SSL handshake error. Can run in Chrome app but not the Mac app.