Jump to content
Updated Privacy Statement
  • 17

Citrix Workspace App GlobalSign Root CA post upgrade to Catalina Beta


Question

  • Answers 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
55 minutes ago, Martyn Dews1709161207 said:

Full 1910 MacOS CWA release is now on the download page.

https://www.citrix.com/downloads/workspace-app/mac/workspace-app-for-mac-latest.html

 

GREAT!! It works with this update, thanks to nomado team that helped me to understand how to deal that. It was very critical for our business in Europe

Edited by nomadolive
precision
Link to comment
  • 0

After installing the 1910 release, it looks like the handshake issue is gone for my, but I found another issue.. Because of the macOS new Privacy & Security settings, the workspace app components are not registered under System Preferences-->Security & Privacy-->Automation as for example other apps...

 

So as a result of this behaviour, after login to workspace app, starting the application, it looks like the session is starting but after few minutes disappearing. I tried to unlstinall and reinstall the newest version but it's still the same. As for the other applications a security pop window should appear to register the workspace app components.

 

Somebody else facing with similar issue?

 

@I've also tried to reset the OS Privacy DB, but it's still the same. After the reset I had re authorise my apps, but the notification window for Workspace app still not appearing..

 

https://macosxautomation.com/automator/security.html

security-dialog-notes.png

Link to comment
  • 0
3 hours ago, Jozsef Rozsahegyi said:

After installing the 1910 release, it looks like the handshake issue is gone for my, but I found another issue.. Because of the macOS new Privacy & Security settings, the workspace app components are not registered under System Preferences-->Security & Privacy-->Automation as for example other apps...

 

So as a result of this behaviour, after login to workspace app, starting the application, it looks like the session is starting but after few minutes disappearing. I tried to unlstinall and reinstall the newest version but it's still the same. As for the other applications a security pop window should appear to register the workspace app components.

 

Somebody else facing with similar issue?

 

@I've also tried to reset the OS Privacy DB, but it's still the same. After the reset I had re authorise my apps, but the notification window for Workspace app still not appearing..

 

https://macosxautomation.com/automator/security.html

security-dialog-notes.png

Related issue https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX262142

Link to comment
  • 0
5 hours ago, Stephane LALLEMENT said:

 

Doesn't work for me. After installing full 1910 release, I still get a "handshake" error when trying to connect.

Any idea please ?

Same issue here. Works on iPad but not on final version of Catalina. Using Tech Preview and tried both Standard & FIPS crypto modes.

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 2.13.26 PM.png

Link to comment
  • 0

First off, the tech preview and the latest release are the same, built 1910. So it doesn't matter which you use. 

 

I think the important thing to remember is that all these issues could have been worked out in beta, if Citrix was willing to cooperate with the beta process and work with users to expose and correct these bugs. For anyone who can, the best solution is simply not to use Citrix software. 

Link to comment
  • 0
24 minutes ago, Jozsef Rozsahegyi said:

 

For me the following workaround could help to eliminate the problem on macOS Catalina (10.15 / 19A583)

 

- SSL handshake issue: download and import the missing root certificate + mark this as "always trust" on keychain + install the 1910 release

- Security and Privacy issue: according to CTX262142 remove everything from the favourites, close the workspace app,login and everything working fine. Also under the automation the workspace app components getting visible. Hopefully Citrix will fix this soon. 

Link to comment
  • 0

I am also getting SSL Handshake error: "The remote SSL peer sent a handshake failure alert" with the 1910 release of Citrix Workspace. Unfortunately Jozsef's solution doesn't indicate what cert to import and mark as always trust. I attempted it on the "Global SignRoot CA" cert and it made no difference. Any other suggestions would be very helpful.

 

EDIT: I tried the 1910 version on my Mac OS Mojave install and I get the same error. The 1906 version works on Mac OS Mojave

Edited by scheringj
additional details
Link to comment
  • 0
1 hour ago, Travis Pauley said:

 

I'm still receiving the handshake failure.

 

For me what worked after scratching my head for a long time:

1. Imported the DigiCert Global Root CA in to my system keychain

2. Changed the trust level to "Always Trust"

3. Using Citrix Workspace app Technology Preview for macOS

 

I was also able to connect using the Google Chrome App/Extension for Citrix Workspace but this had usage/functionality limitations

Link to comment
  • 0

Hey guys,

 

I had the untrusted certificate issue too. It was fixed by installing Citrix Workspace app Technology Preview.

But then another weird issue appeared. When I click on application it launches twice. And no one actually start. They both disappear in a few seconds.

This happens for both of my independent Citrix sites and only on my Mac with Catalina.

I did reset all Citrix settings, reinstalled Workspace app, nothing helps.

It works fine via browser though.

Now I'm on Catalina release and Workspace 1910 and I need you help.

Untitled.png

Link to comment
  • 0

Quick account to let you know that the latest build (19.10.0.18 (1910)) does work, but I had to "unflag" my desktop as a favourite as mentioned in the Support Knowledge Center article. If you do not de-activate the Favorite flagg the start-up just hangs as you have shown in your screenshots.

 

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX262142

 

Its also clearly states in the CTX:

 

"Note: This issue will only affect desktop launches if they have subscribed to the desktop (Favorite).".. Unflag and you are good to go!

Link to comment
  • 0
10 hours ago, Ben Benton said:

 

For me what worked after scratching my head for a long time:

1. Imported the DigiCert Global Root CA in to my system keychain

2. Changed the trust level to "Always Trust"

3. Using Citrix Workspace app Technology Preview for macOS

 

I was also able to connect using the Google Chrome App/Extension for Citrix Workspace but this had usage/functionality limitations

 

I imported and trusted the DigiCert Global CA, and I'm still running into the handshake error. Did you have to adjust any of the settings in the Citrix app itself?

Link to comment
  • 0

Since there is no beta anymore...

having the same problem here, anyone has a suggestion?

 

3 hours ago, Sergey Tchemchit said:

Hey guys,

 

I had the untrusted certificate issue too. It was fixed by installing Citrix Workspace app Technology Preview.

But then another weird issue appeared. When I click on application it launches twice. And no one actually start. They both disappear in a few seconds.

This happens for both of my independent Citrix sites and only on my Mac with Catalina.

I did reset all Citrix settings, reinstalled Workspace app, nothing helps.

It works fine via browser though.

Now I'm on Catalina release and Workspace 1910 and I need you help.

Untitled.png

Link to comment
  • 0
7 minutes ago, Alexis said:

Since there is no beta anymore...

having the same problem here, anyone has a suggestion?

 

There is a known issue with this release, have you attempted the following? 

 

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-workspace-app-for-mac/whats-new.html#known-issues 

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX262142 

 

Denying automation permission after launching subscribed apps/desktops might cause Citrix Workspace app for Mac to become unresponsive. As a workaround, go to System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Privacy > Automation and allow permissions for Citrix Viewer.app, Citrix Workspace.app and all subscribed apps/desktops. [RFMAC-3048]

Link to comment
  • 0
3 hours ago, max Lie said:

Quick account to let you know that the latest build (19.10.0.18 (1910)) does work, but I had to "unflag" my desktop as a favourite as mentioned in the Support Knowledge Center article. If you do not de-activate the Favorite flagg the start-up just hangs as you have shown in your screenshots.

 

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX262142 

 

Its also clearly states in the CTX:

 

"Note: This issue will only affect desktop launches if they have subscribed to the desktop (Favorite).".. Unflag and you are good to go!

 

Hi max.lie,

 

Thank you for this hint. This finally works for me :) Of course with the Workspace Build 19.10.0.18 (1910), but to "unflag" the desktop as a favourite was the important thing to do!

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...