Welcome to our new Citrix community!

which process of AD to communicate with VDA Server to prove about unregister problem.

poomz

Question

Hi Everyone.

I have question about VDA Server unregistered 's problem.

Right now, VDA Server enable to register status after restart AD but that's not right way if it's happened same issue in future.

So I would like to know what process of AD to communicate with VDA Server to affect about unregistered status.

By the way, I have tested to nslookup for DNS name of Controller Server at VDA Server and it's normal at the time of VDA unregisterd status problem.

I do not know how to check root cause related with AD issue.  Because after restart AD that all VDA enabled to Register status.

Regards,

Poomz.

2.jpg

5 answers to this question

The only thing I can think of is VDA requesting a Kerberos ticket (KRB_TGS_REQ) from the Domain Controller which might be failing.
- Did you collect a network trace or CDF trace when the issue happened? If yes, please share the same.

- A network trace would tell you VDA reached out to DC on which port. Port number would tell VDA was attempting to connect to which service on AD ( ex: Kerberos: 88, LDP: 389 etc)

Cheers,

Aseem

9 hours ago, Aseem Shaikh said:

The only thing I can think of is VDA requesting a Kerberos ticket (KRB_TGS_REQ) from the Domain Controller which might be failing.
- Did you collect a network trace or CDF trace when the issue happened? If yes, please share the same.

- A network trace would tell you VDA reached out to DC on which port. Port number would tell VDA was attempting to connect to which service on AD ( ex: Kerberos: 88, LDP: 389 etc)

Cheers,

Aseem

Hi Assem,

Thank for your reply. If it's happened issue, again. I will share it.

In case to use CDF Trace that I need to select all module for this Trace CDF, right?

1.jpg

Yes selecting all modules should be fine.
If the issue happens again do the following:
1. Start CDF trace
2. Start network trace

3, Restart Citrix Desktop service on the VDA

4. Wait for event to populate on VDA mentioning the registration failed

5. Stop both CDF and network traces