Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Not able to browse 2 websites with SecureWeb

Marc Kuhn

Question

Hi guys

i've been looking into that issue the last days but can't find the issue. I have a Citrix XenMobile Server 10.9.0.12 which sits in the DMZ. I have Citrix SecureWeb deployed for the users, which is using the Proxy, which is also in the DMZ. Everything is working fine except 2 websites i have been informed.

One of them is www.reinsurancene.ws. When i try to browse it with my iPad, the site is emtpy. When i try it on an Android, i receive ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE message.

As far as i found out it seems to be something with Ciphers, but i'm not that sure. Does anybody know that kind of issue?

Many thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Marc

15 answers to this question

12 hours ago, Marc Kuhn said:

Hi guys

i've been looking into that issue the last days but can't find the issue. I have a Citrix XenMobile Server 10.9.0.12 which sits in the DMZ. I have Citrix SecureWeb deployed for the users, which is using the Proxy, which is also in the DMZ. Everything is working fine except 2 websites i have been informed.

One of them is www.reinsurancene.ws. When i try to browse it with my iPad, the site is emtpy. When i try it on an Android, i receive ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE message.

As far as i found out it seems to be something with Ciphers, but i'm not that sure. Does anybody know that kind of issue?

Many thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Marc

Hi,

I saw this same issue happen in our environment.

I can validate and it just occurs if SecureWeb is set to navegate using mVPN (SecureBrowse) - Full VPN works normally.

other site I can't access using Secure Web is https://www.uol.com.br 

I can't understand if it is caused by ADC or XenMobile.

Let me know if you have any advance.

Thanks!

Alessandro Marques.

Hi Alessandro

i tried to use "Tunneled - Full VPN" Mode with SecureWeb but i had no luck. I have in the DMZ the XMS and a WebProxy. My goal is that the SecureWeb is going over the WebProxy to the Internet. That is working with "Use previous settings". Except that websites we mentioned.

I had to configure on the Citrix Netscaler Traffic Policies, but that isn't that transparent. I would prefer to have a proxy.pac or a wpad.dat in place, but as far i know that isn't possible.

Do you have also a WebProxy in place for your XMS?

Best regards,
Marc

Hi Alessandro

i tried to browse the website with SecureWeb with the setting network access to "unlimited". With that setting, i'm not using my Webproxy anymore i guess and am able to browse the site. Where did you removed the traffice policies? on the virtualserver itself, right?

My client on a iphone has 19.5.0.2. Which version are you using there?

Strange thing, are we the only ones who are having that issues?

Many thanks for you help.

Best regards,

Marc

Hi Marc,

Yes, I removed at the NSGW level the traffic policies allowing the SecureWeb goes directly to the internet without proxies filters.

All tests I did was using Android devices - Secure Hub and Secure Web at the last version (19.5.5 and 19.5.0-20).

I saw another customer with this same issue, and I believe there is more customers with this same issue.

Alessandro Marques

Hi Alessandro

i just checked the issue on another customers environment. I have there the XMS Server with Version 10.9.0.12 installed. The settings for the SecureWeb is the following:

image.thumb.png.b64dd5cd4118647908ca7bb8010fa543.png

With that settings i'm able to browse the websites without any issues. I think i will wait for a new version of XMS or do you have any news on your side?

Best regards,
Marc

On 6/12/2019 at 8:43 AM, System Administrator1709161047 said:

Hi guys

i configured the SecureWeb now like that, the app on my device is still now able to access the website:

image.thumb.png.58edc91ab458de8c83de849ca9971282.png

Best regards,
Marc

Hi Marc,

Please, could you confirm if using "Tunneled - Full VPN and Web SSO" - SecureWeb will connect using mVPN or Full VPN?

Thanks!

Alessandro Marques

Hi guy's

i'm not sure if i understand the configuration correctly. In the last version i have configured "SecureBrowse", which terminates the traffic at the Netscaler. As i have a WebProxy in the DMZ, where i need to be able to authenticate there.

As i understand, with FullVPN Tunnel that isn't possible and mVPN is requiring Universal Licenses on the Netscaler. So the question is what is the new version of "SecureBrowse", which i can configure? Isn't that possible anymore?

Many thanks for your help
Marc