Welcome to our new Citrix community!

I/O not optimized after hypervisor reinstall

Chris Phillips

Question

I have an app layering environment connected to XS 7.6.  After I have created the OS layers I had to rebuild the Hypervisor environment due to an unresolvable issue.  Now my OS layers are saying I/O not optimized and agent not installed, even though it is!  I have tried uninstalling and followed all steps here https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX236718 but still am unable to get the I/O optimized and the agent to show as installed.  This has happened on both Windows 7 and Windows 10 so it must be something to do with the hypervisor rebuild.  It has been built to the exact same version.  does anyone have nay ideas how to resolve this?

3 answers to this question

Do you think its just cosmetic ? In Device Manager under Network Adapters do you see XenServer PV Network Devices for your nics ?

One thing I didn't see skimming that article is to do the old set DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1 and run devmgmt.msc

once ran do view/show hidden devices. Also, are you installing the latest 1327 release of the Management Agent ?

--Alan--

Hi Alan

No I am not seeing the PV driver for the network, it is the Realtek device.  Teh version of the agent installed is 7.1.1270 so I don't think it is the latest version.  Where can I get this latest version from as I cannot seem to find it on the Citrix website anywhere, sorry I've not used Citrix Hypervisor much before!

Thanks

Chris