Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Xeanpp Servers replication

Alex Heng

Question

Hi Guys,

I got two citrix infra - one in apac and one in europe. 

I am thinking of having the same set of xenapp servers in de in the event that the apac citrix infra is down. 

I would like to check if it's possible to replicate the set of xenapp servers in apac over to the citrix infra in europe. 

I would also like to check if there is any form of native citrix replication or feature that I can utilize for this?

Thank you.

3 answers to this question

There is no built in mechanism from Citrix to replicate images or HSD workers.

one option is to use local PVS servers in de & APAC, by doing this you can manage and maintain the same image. Also don't forget NetScalers for automatic failover/DR, in the event of de or apac going down, depending on your scenario.

you can implement GSLB active/passive, if you wish 1 site to be active and other to be DR or active/active.

Hi

It is not good idea to region based replication if Citrix infra fully down.

Normally people will host Data Collector, XML servers in Primary site and Secondary site

Suppose if have 4 Data Collector, 4 XML in De Site - people will deploy 2 DC/2 XML on Data Center De-1(Frankfurt) and another 2 DC/2 XML on Data Center De-2 (Munich).  the same way you can put the worker also. So 1 site down other can provide the information with out any issue. 

Note: you can create zone in different region but you have to think about the replication latency 

On 6/3/2019 at 9:09 PM, Pavan nannapaneni1709152483 said:

There is no built in mechanism from Citrix to replicate images or HSD workers.

one option is to use local PVS servers in de & APAC, by doing this you can manage and maintain the same image. Also don't forget NetScalers for automatic failover/DR, in the event of de or apac going down, depending on your scenario.

you can implement GSLB active/passive, if you wish 1 site to be active and other to be DR or active/active.

Sorry, may I know what is local PVS?

What do you mean by netscaler automatic failover / DR? Does that mean that in the event that APAC is down, the netscaler will fall over to DE netscaler?