Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Error Adding Application from Start Menu in Studio

Question

Hi,

I have an issue to add Applications from VDA Start Menu in Citrix Studio.

Every time I try to do that I receive the following error:

Error Id: XDDS:1468385A

Ausnahme:
    Citrix.Orchestration.Base.LogicModels.Exceptions.ScriptException Startmenüverknüpfungen konnten nicht abgerufen werden.
       bei Citrix.Orchestration.Base.PowerShellInteraction.CmdletExecutionMethods.CreateException[T](ICommonLog logger, ExecutionResults`1 results, ICmdletExecutionHost host)
       bei Citrix.Orchestration.Base.PowerShellInteraction.CmdletExecutionMethods.Execute[T](ISdkCmdlet`1 sdkCmd, ICmdletExecutionHost host, Boolean allowFailover)
       bei Citrix.Orchestration.Base.PowerShellSdk.ApplicationService.Scripts.DiscoverVdaApplicationsScript.DiscoverVdaApps(IProgressReporter findingMachineProgress, IProgressReporter loadingApplicationsProgress)
       bei Citrix.Orchestration.Base.PowerShellSdk.ApplicationService.Scripts.DiscoverVdaApplicationsScript.RunScript()
       bei Citrix.Orchestration.Base.PowerShellInteraction.PowerShellScript`1.Run()
       bei Citrix.Console.DesktopGroups.UI.Dialogs.StartMenuApplicationDiscoverer.Start()

DesktopStudio_ErrorId : NoStartMenuShortcuts
    Sdk Error Message : Start menu shortcuts could not be retrieved
    Sdk Error ID : Citrix.XDPowerShell.Broker.NoStartMenuShortcuts,Citrix.Broker.Admin.SDK.GetBrokerMachineStartMenuShortcutsCommand
    ErrorCategory : NotSpecified
    DesktopStudio_PowerShellHistory : DiscoverVdaApplicationsScript
    16.05.2019 12:32:49

Maybe it's a Problem with the OS language?

My Delivery Controllers are using Windows Server 2016 - English

The VDA is Windows Server 2016 - German

I started a trace and recognize this Messages for all Applications on the VDA:

image.thumb.png.3db9c7ef2c6d2572bff46072fc7f4709.png

I'm using Windows Virtual Apps & Desktops 1903 

Does anybody els have similar issues?

8 answers to this question

On 17/05/2019 at 5:06 PM, Daniel Marsh1709157095 said:

Initial response from Citrix Support, if you want to try this.  I won't get an opportunity until early next week.

Give permission to Network Service over Start Menu and Administrative Tools using following command on VDA

1) CACLS "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu"  /E /T /C /G "NETWORK SERVICE":R

2) CACLS "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools"  /E /T /C /G "NETWORK SERVICE":R

Took me a while to get back to this one, but it worked in my situation.

Cheers

Dan

• Like 1

I am seeing the same in Citrix Cloud with multiple types of VDA's (Windows Server 2016 with 1903.1 VDA and Windows Server 2012 R2 with 7.15 CU2 VDA). Don't think it is a problem with the OS language to be honest given I have English for the VDA's. Bombs out pretty quick in doing an "Add Application". Don't seem to be able to log a support call for it as it is in a customer environment with a trial only. So if you figure anything out or get an answer from Citrix, would love to hear about it.

Initial response from Citrix Support, if you want to try this.  I won't get an opportunity until early next week.

Give permission to Network Service over Start Menu and Administrative Tools using following command on VDA

1) CACLS "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu"  /E /T /C /G "NETWORK SERVICE":R

2) CACLS "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools"  /E /T /C /G "NETWORK SERVICE":R