Welcome to our new Citrix community!

update master image in mcs deploy

Matteo Abrile

Question

7 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, James Kindon said:

if you spun up vm's that are persistent, then anything you do to the master image will not effect that "cloned" persistent VM's

If pooled, then when you update the master image it will update all the machines in the catalog

thanks for replay, I have MC with dedicated vm with user data save on local. I need extend drive c so think need change it on gold image. so I ask question before.

what is better way ?

thanks

M.

There is no better way really - depends on what you need to operate day to day - Pooled (non persistent) means you lose everything on reboot each time and you have single image management, dedicated (persistent) means that once you spin them up, each machine is its own beast and must be managed accordingly 

7 minutes ago, James Kindon said:

There is no better way really - depends on what you need to operate day to day - Pooled (non persistent) means you lose everything on reboot each time and you have single image management, dedicated (persistent) means that once you spin them up, each machine is its own beast and must be managed accordingly 

Yes, I have persist now. So if I want extend drive c, how I can do ?

Thanks very much

M.

9 hours ago, James Kindon said:

if you have persistent, then you need to update the C drive on the machine you provisioned (the VDI, not the master image)

If you want all new machines to have a bigger C drive, you need to update the master image

if I try from vmware I see hdd in grey and can't extend, thanks

M.