Welcome to our new Citrix community!

XenDesktop 7.15 CU3 Pass-through authentication working with delay (say 10 seconds) for windows 10 1809

Vikram Raole

Question

We have done setup of Citrix XenDesktop 7.15 CU3 environment and recently started getting behavior from windows 10 VDI, after launching the VDI using display icon name sessions gets started however it takes pit-stop at windows login for say 10 seconds and automatically process user login and normal VDI desktop appears for user. No further issues during the session.

Also this was working till last week and now happening intermittently for windows 10 VDI users. 

our setup is the following; 

XenDesktop 7.15 CU3

PVS 7.15 CU3

Storefront 3.5

Clean, fully updated Windows 10 x64 1809 master VDI image.

Windows 7 x64 client machine

Receiver 4.9.4000

Also turned on the GPO settings>

User Authentication > Local user name and password and enable the following options:

Enable pass-through authentication

Any help would be really great!!

Thanks!!

3 answers to this question

We have Win10 1809 and I just noticed that after I changed my password, when I connect to my desktop it stops at the Password screen but then continues after about 10 seconds. - same behavior you are describing.  I am the only 1 experiencing the issue.    I changed 2 things recently for my setup - I set my desktop name using powershell so it is no longer just the generic name of the delivery group but the same as the computer name, and I upgraded my VDA to Citrix 1906 for testing.      Let me know if you figured this out.