Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Error Id: XDDS:081419B3 after Upgrade from XenApp 7.15 CU3 to 7.15 CU4 - Adding Machines to "Machine Catalog" in Citrix Studio (using PVS) Failed

Edwin van t Oost

Question

Hello all,

After upgrading from XenApp 7.15 CU3 to XenApp 7.15 CU4, we do have some problems with "adding machines" to Citrix Studio "Machine Catalogs".

We are using Provisioning Services 7.15.15 in combination with XenApp 7.15 and XenServer 7.1.

The 7.15 CU3 environment had no problems!

When trying to Add Machines to the Machine Catalog, and browsing to the PVS target devices, the Error will popup:

Error Id: XDDS:081419B3

Exception:
    System.ArgumentException Value was invalid.
    Parameter name: sddlForm
       at System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier..ctor(String sddlForm)
       at Citrix.Console.ActiveDirectoryInteraction.SidLookupScript.Lookup(String sidString)
       at Citrix.Console.ActiveDirectoryInteraction.SidLookupScript.Run()
       at Citrix.Console.ProvisioningSchemes.UI.Pages.PvsMachinesViewModel.PrepareToBeShown()
       at Citrix.Console.CommonControls.Wizinesard.PageContainerViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass15_0.<ValidateAndMoveToPage>b__0()

Did someone see the problem after the 7.15 CU4 upgrade? (LTSR)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Kind regards,

Edwin van 't Oost

********** TEST SERVER able to reproduce the Error ****************

Installed new Test Server, Installed Citrix Delivery Controller 7.15 CU3.

Tested the Add Catalog / Add Machines Wizard.

No problem adding new machines to Machine Catalog with 7.15 CU3 (Director/Studio/Delivery Controller)

Tested with PVS Server 7.15.15 (CU4).

After upgrading the Citrix Delivery Controller to 7.15 CU4, the same error again!

Reset DB Connections and created new Databases, Same error again.

********** Clean Server Install ****************

After clean installation of Delivery Controller 7.15 CU4 - still the Error trying to create Machine Catalog.

Citrix Scout Trace information:

TID      PID     Message

1140   6572  <Unknown Format>: Failed to find matching TMF for GUID -> d062513e-0d1f-4033-8ca0-b2ac667b3db8

Kind regards,

Edwin van 't Oost

Edited by eoost
New test results - Citrix Scout Trace information

18 answers to this question

Contacted Citrix Support.

Had a good session with a Citrix Engineer.

Problem is caused by the Computer Accounts.

For now we have a work-a-round:

Deleting the Computer Accounts, then recreate the Computer Accounts via the PVS wizard.

Then I'm able to add the machines to the required Machine Catalog via the wizard in the Citrix Studio.

>>Deleted the AD computer object manually
>>Created the computer object from the PVS console
>>Went back to the studio, We were able to add the machine to the required catalog

Cause of the problem not clear yet:

Seems like the SID is mismatched with the PVS DB and the AD

Kind regards,

Edwin van 't Oost

• Like 1

Hello you all,

I've got the same problem. Did a clean install PVS 7.15.15.11 and Xenapp 7.15.4000.0.

PVS was no problem but after installing Xenapp the machine catalog can't be created.

With the wizard is showing the Device collection in the Machine Catalog Setup, but after clicking next, if trows an error

Exception:
       at Citrix.Console.ActiveDirectoryInteraction.SidLookupScript.Lookup(String sidString)
       at Citrix.Console.ProvisioningSchemes.UI.Pages.PvsMachinesViewModel.PrepareToBeShown()
       at Citrix.Console.CommonControls.Wizard.PageContainerViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass15_0.<ValidateAndMoveToPage>b__0()

Kind regards

Manfred Rohling

Hello,

I got the same problem after upgrading from 7.15.3000 -> 7.15.4000.

Before upgrade everything worked ok. PVS is also at the latest version.

Anyway, I was able to find workaround for adding computers until this problem is properly fixed.

You can use powershell for adding machines to catalog: (run as admin)

asnp Citrix*

Find out your CatalogUid

Get-BrokerCatalog -Name 'Name of Machine Catalog'

-> Check Uid

Add machine to Catalog

New-BrokerMachine -CatalogUid 1 -MachineName 'domain\computer'

After that, I was able to add computers to Delivery group using Citrix Studio.

Kind regards,

Jani V.

Are you still in contact with Citrix Support ?

I got the same issue.

Creating the Serverobjects through PVS Console helps reading the Servers within Studio, so it's possible to add Servers to the catalog .But there is no valid trust between the Serverobjects and Active Directory.

Kind regards,

Andreas Koch

Hi Andreas,

I don't have a Citrix incident open at the moment.

The previous incident is closed and I'm waiting for hotfixes or new builds of the Citrix ISO's.

For now, we know how to solve the problem by recreating the Machine object via the PVS console (Workaround).

Kind regards,

Edwin van 't Oost

Hi Edwin,

creating the Computer account via PVS solved the problem reading the Objects in DDC's Studio, but after importing machines to the machine catalog and assigning to a delivery group i have computer objects wich are not trusted against Active Directory.

In a 2nd step i crated the machine catalog with pvs's XenDesktop wizard, but i ended with the same sid issue.

Whatever i'm trying, i get only machines wich are not trusted to the AD.

Kind regards,

Andreas

Hello,

I have the same error.

Exception:
       at Citrix.Console.CommonControls.Wizard.PageContainerViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass15_0.<ValidateAndMoveToPage>b__0()

I created a new device Collection and moved the vm in this Collection.

But the error comes again.

Does anyone have another idea?

Thanks for help.

Add me to the list of people that got bit by this.  I was recreating half of a device collection and didn't get around this problem until I created a new collection, moved them all over there, and deleted and recreated the AD accounts for all of them (both the new ones and the ones that I did not recreate).

You can solve this by yourself, just check the DomainObjectSID from the target devices with the following powershell command

Get-PvsDevice | Where-Object {$_.devicename -like '<servername>*' } |select name, devicemac, DomainObjectSID >C:\temp\output.txt

look into the textfile and check all the machines if they have the DomainObjectSID value set (must match the AD atribute  "objectSid"

My guess is that one of more servers don't have the DomainObjectSID value set and this is why you get the error regarding Citrix. [LD2029] (https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/xenapp-and-xendesktop/7-15-ltsr/whats-new/cumulative-update-5/fixed-issues.html)
You can solve this by opening the PVS console, go to the target device with the missing DomainObjectSID value and delete the computer account and recreate it from the PVS console. Check again with the powershell command if the value is set.

Kind regards,

Niek Harmsen

I'd like to add for those where the work around isn't working.  This problem can be caused by EXISTING, and working machines in your catalog, and not the necessarily the new ones you are trying to add.

I was able to work around this by creating an new device collection in PVS, adding the machines there, then moving them to their correct collection after I've added them to the machine catalog.